Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Tarsal Tunnel Syndrome Surgey

Posted by Thelma Graham on 4/14/03 at 10:09 (116088)

I have been having numbnesss ,burning and pain in both feet and big toes for many years,it is so bad now I CAN hardly keep my stcking and shoes on.I saw aneurologist for low back pain and leg pain and E.M.G study showed Tarsal Tunnel Syndrome.I am looking for a good surgeon and would like to know if I should use an orthopadics or Podiatris


Re: Tarsal Tunnel Syndrome Surgey

Henry C on 4/14/03 at 11:24 (116090)

There are several great orthopadics who deal with TTS in Baltimore, MD.

Dr. Mark Myerson is an expert on foot and ankle reconstruction and injury. He leads 'The Institute for Foot and Ankle Reconstruction' at Mercy Hospital.

Then there is Dr. Lew Schon of Greater Chesapeake Orthopaedic Associates (www.gcoa.net) located at Union Memorial Hospital. He worked with Dr. Myerson.

I have seen both and believe they are excellant doctors. Of course there is Dr. Dellon, also located in Union Memoerial Hospital.

I hope this helps!

Re: Tarsal Tunnel Syndrome Surgey

Ed Davis, DPM on 4/14/03 at 21:20 (116143)

Where do you live? One source of podiatrists is http://www.acfas.org
Unless you have access to a foot and ankle orthopedic subspecialist, you will find that podiatrist have significantly more experience with TTS than general orthopedic surgeons.