Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

biting the bullet-going for the surgery-buying pain meds in Mexico.

Posted by Rochelle on 4/15/03 at 00:34 (116152)

I have posted here before. I have suffered with PF for over a year now in both feet. In time, my right foot got a whole lot better as my left one got worse. I have gone thru shots, wraps, stretching, icing, Nsaids (still take them daily). My doc only gives me 30 vioxx a month-no refills. I have to call every month for more. Right now I havent had any for 4 or 5 days now-and I am feeling it too. They really dont work all that well but they seem to help to take the main pain edge off. I only take them when I am going to sleep.

Since much hasnt worked for me, I have opted to go forth with the surgery. My insurance will not approve ESWT and I have appealed 3 times-got my 3rd decline notice today (BOO UNICARE!). So, I have decided to have the BIG incision surgery because I want to make sure that he can see everything and do it all at one time so I will have a less possibility of having a 2nd surgery on the same foot.

I know that its the worst of the 2 evasive surgeries to recover from, but my foot really hurts and I want to make sure that everything is done at one time-I am sure the doc will give me the royal treatment because Iam a bit of a difficult client and more importantly its his only opportunity at revenge-ha! (its only because my feet hurt-Iam usually pretty sweet and outgoing). :)

I called the docs office yesterday to request an appt. (since he declined my refill last week unless I make an appt.) And I informed the nurse that I am opting for surgery, but I cant feasably have it until Sept. (Still I have NO refill).

I am going to Mexico next month for a day trip. I usually purchase a lot of my meds there (a years worth of birth control, ect...its usually cheaper and for lots of meds, you do not need a prescription). To make a long story come to an end, what meds are usually administered after surgery? (pain meds) I want to be stocked up. If its Vicodin-that is good, I can get those over the counter. A friend of mine had surgery a few months ago and his doc only gave him meds 3 days at a time-he was miserable.

Iam trying to prepare way in advance for my misery...
Thanks for reading all of this.
-Rochelle

ps- all of you who are going to tell me the negatives about buying my meds in Mexico-you are not ALONE I have heard it alot over the 15 years that I have been doing it and just so you know, I have not had any problems as of yet. I do not use drugs illegally nor do I have ANY addictions (just in case it crossed anyones mind). ;)

Re: biting the bullet-going for the surgery-buying pain meds in Mexico.

Dawn A on 4/15/03 at 16:20 (116217)

It has been 4 weeks after my pf surgery and there is not a whole lot of change. Still alot of pain just in a differant area... You are doing outstanding if you are getting by with just vioxx!!! I have to take narcotics it is soooo bad. And I to have in both feet. I've been on narcotics so long that no Doctors will even see me anymore in feer that I'm addicted to them. So Keep your head high. maybe we can keep in touch and check in with eachother...

BrianG on 4/15/03 at 16:33 (116219)

Hi Rochelle,

Since you have your mind made up, I will not try to talk you out of it. Both Vicodin and Percocet (Percodan) are good meds for acute pain. Your type of operation would certainly qualify as acute pain. The standard pills have 5mg, but you can buy both with 10mg, and possibly 7.5mg. I would try for the 10mg, as it has less asprin / Tylanol than taking two 5mg tabs. Always try to eat a little something before taking your pills, it will help your stomach and intestines. I don't know how many you can bring across the border, but I'd plan on taking at least 4 a day, for a month. Can you bring 100 back? If you don't need them all, you can flush them, or save for later.

Good luck
BrianG

PS: Vicodin (hydrocodone & acetaminophen) 5/500, ES-7.5/750, HS-10/660mg

Percocet (oxycodone & acetaminophen) 2.5/325, 5/325, 7.5/500, 10/650mg

Percodan (oxycodone & asprin) 4.5/325mg

BrianG on 4/15/03 at 16:42 (116220)

Hi Dawn,

There are doctors that you can see for pain. Have you looked into pain management clinics / doctors? They specialize in treating pain. They will not try to make you feel bad, like your currant doctor. A good web site to check out is: http://www.pain.com
Near the bottom of the home page, there is a link to pain clinics in your area. Good luck, I hope you find a doctor with compassion!

Regards
BranG

Rochelle on 4/16/03 at 11:44 (116295)

Dawn- So sorry to hear about this. Is your doc still giving you pain meds? What are you currently taking? I dont want to be addicted to anything! I just dont want to feel pain-ha! I know that I am building up endorphines to the pain-but it still sucks (ha). I wish you the best-keep me posted on your progress.

Rochelle on 4/16/03 at 11:49 (116297)

Thanks for all the info-the same with all the presription stuff. I will try to get 100 pills-Iam sure that it will not be a problem to bring them across the border. Which do you feel is the best pain meds of all the ones that you listed? I will check out the web site that you referred me to also! thanks for this info!

Ed Davis, DPM on 4/16/03 at 16:49 (116335)

Rochelle:

It is your body so you ultimately need to make the decision for what is right for you. If you add up the expenses that surround surgery -- time loss from work, copays - the surgeon, anesthesiologist, hospital or surgicenter, drugs.... you may wind up paying a lot more for surgery than if you paid out of pocket for ESWT. Compare success rates of surgery vs. ESWT and then compare complication rates. It does not seem like a difficult choice when you take all that into account.
Ed

BrianG on 4/16/03 at 20:39 (116357)

Hi Rochelle,

Have you ever had any allergic reactions to any of these meds? It's something to think about. Personally I would get the Vicodan HS, 10/660, or Percocet, 10/650.

If you do end up taking all 100 in the course of a month, it's entirely possible you may have some minor withdrawal symptoms ( it can be like the flu). To prevent this from happening, taper down the last week. By that I mean take one less pill, every other day, until your down to 1 pill. At that point, you should be OK. A couple symptoms you may want to watch out for are itching (use a cortizone or Benadryl cream) and constipation. Make sure you take some laxatives before it becomes a problem.

On the other end, when tapering dowm, you make want to have some Kaopectate on hand :*)

Good luck
BrianG

PS: I am no doc, but I read alot and I have been there!!

D.Thomas on 4/17/03 at 10:14 (116403)

Dr Ed has a very valid point here that people should really think about before they decide what to do next. I think some people are looking for a quick fix that is the cheapest way out. Some doctors out there make it sound like the PF release is a quick and painless procedure that will get you back on your feet quickly. However, there are some people on this board who regret their decision about getting a PF release. Some think that they developed RSD from their surgery. Some do the PF release surgery because they didn't want to pay out of pocket for ESWT.

For me, I did not have enough faith in the PF release, so I had a gastroc slide done late last year on both legs. ESWT really isn't an option for me because my pain is in the arches, not insertional PF.

I had to go out of my network because I didn't find anyone one I could trust in the network that had done the surgery enough to make me comfortable. So I had to pay 30%, but I am still fighting the insurance company on this one because I couldn't find anyone in their network. It was an outpatient procedure and the total was $10,600. My insurance company had that lowered to around $4,400 - go figure. I ended up paying $1,200. I was out of work for 3 weeks, but I also have a desk job.

You really have to trade-off the pluses and minuses before deciding your next step. I hate to think where I would be today if it wasn't for the experience and knowledge on this board. My PF is still painful, but I also realize it could be far worse.

Re: Gastric slide

dave r on 4/17/03 at 11:40 (116409)

Are you happy with your results from your gastric slide?
What did it help with? Any regrets? I still va a tight heel cord after my pf surgery and i am keeping this option open in the back of my mind

D.Thomas on 4/18/03 at 16:58 (116550)

Dave R,

My doctor told me the surgery went better than he thought it would. He said that I gained about an inch and a half separation. He told me that I was very tight that is why I gained that much.

When I was seeing other Doctors and trying to figure out my next step, most of them wanted to do a Plantar Fascia Release. One doctor told me he didn't like the gastroc slide because he believed you lose a grade of strength with that surgery, and he wanted to do a PF release instead.

Well, I had the gastroc slide done on both legs in December of last year. And unfortuanetly, at this time, I really haven't seen much improvement, but I am not any worse and I don't feel that I lost any strength in my legs.

My theory is that I have been in constant pain for awhile (2 years) and that my fascia is in bad shape from it. I am now doing aggresive taping trying to help take stress of the fascia so it can heal. What I am hoping for is that it will finally get a chance to start healing and then the gastroc slide surgery will also kick in and I won't be as likely to re-injury the fascia. I have my fingers crossed.

If you have any specific questions about the suregery or anything let me know and I will try to answer them.

BGCPed on 4/19/03 at 08:06 (116560)

Hello Dave, The Dr that warned against gastroc slide claiming it left muscle weakness.Did he seem to think cutting 1/3 of the plantar fascia would not weaken that structure or didnt he address that?

I can see his point but the skill or lack there of of the person doing it also affects results. In a high level athlete in balistic jumping sports like NBA it is more risky but still could done. I know a very high level distance runner that had it done and he is doing great, inspite that like most runners he pushed it way too soon.

IMHO for the average person I would much rather try gs slide before I let my fascia be cut. If I remember there was a study done in Texas that gastroc slide reduced forefoot plantar pressure something like 35%. That is a rather significant amount for many foot conditions.

By reducing ff pressure that much,it is not hard to imagine how much that would free up the rest of the foot structure to function more normal or at least reduce stress loads on other soft tissues. I think once more Dr get more comfortable with and skilled at this procedure it will become more common. There are some Dr that have been doing this procedure for a long while. I would guess that this is probably one of the easiest fastest procedures that can be done, and much less potential complications than cutting fascia.

Any of the Dr care to comment, I am interested in this debate since I have heard some other Dr speak and claim they almost never do gs slide.

Sharon W on 4/19/03 at 09:36 (116562)

BG:

That's interesting about the study showing a gastroc slide reduced the forefoot pressure by about a third! Sure sounds like it might be a reasonable alternative to PF surgery, for some people.

Sharon

D.Thomas on 4/19/03 at 18:20 (116593)

Brian,

Dr. Manoili and Dr. Ed told me it wasn't the case that I would lose strength. That is why I went ahead with it. I am not a Doctor but the PF release and TTS surgery scares the hell out of me from seeing what it has done to a few here on the board. Even if the percentage is small, it is too high for my liking. Plus, too close to the nerves, one wrong move and snip. Grastoc slide really didn't seem to have any complications.

Dr. Manoli told me that he has done quite a few athelets and none of them have complained of weakness. I can tell that I did get more flexibility from the surgery (I am not as tight), but it hasn't done too much yet with the pain. Dr. Manoli told me to give it more time.

I haven't worn orthtoics at all for awhile. And the vibrations are not really bad now, so I was thinking about trying your orthtoics again. I was going to keep taping, it seems to help a little. Taping like Scott's method should be ok with your orthotics right?

Time will tell.

BGCPed on 4/19/03 at 19:04 (116596)

I would say in your case , since the vibration issue is rather rare that you do what feels best symptom wise. If taping and orthotic is beter at treating the most problematic syptoms then do it. If the vibration is there but not painful with orthotics but it lessens the more harsh pain then try wering them slowly again.

Good luck, let me know if you have any questions

BrianJ on 4/20/03 at 12:46 (116622)

D. Thomas --

I'm interested to hear of your gastroc slide surgery. Please report back periodically to let us know if you see any improvement in your heel pain. We're all pulling for you.

dave r on 4/21/03 at 07:47 (116651)

D. Thomas, i am sorry that the procedure hasnt helped you yet. I hope that in time you are able to get back in the saddle again. I have a few questions for you if you dont mind answering them. First, can you tell us what the surgery was like? What was your downtime and post op care? As you probably know i had a pf release three months ago. I can say that the bottom of my foot feels alot better. I still however have alot of pain on the back of my heel. I do have extremely tight achilles tendons. If i stretch to much my achilles becomes extremely irratated. Sometimes taking weeks to get back to normal. the doctor that performed my pf release doesnt do the gastric slide procedure. I did find a doctor last week that does the procedure and i will be seeing him this week to talk to him about it. If any of the doctors here would like to comment about the procedure i would greatly appriciate it. I have been trying to gather information about it, but there isnt alot of info out there that i can find that explains the procedure. Almost everything that i have read states that the procedure works for those with cerebral palsy.

Rochelle on 4/21/03 at 08:48 (116657)

I happen to be in Texas! Where is this doctor??? Iam curious about this.

Rochelle on 4/21/03 at 08:51 (116658)

Yes, I would agree. Right now, finances are real tight (I have 2 mortages to pay). I was offered ESWT to be financed, but I cant see paying this out of my own pocket now. I dont work, so I dont need to take that into consideration. We are still considering financing the ESWT-I just feel too guilty about another bill tho.

D.Thomas on 4/21/03 at 17:42 (116728)

Dave R.,

Where do you live? I would ask your Doctors how many they have done. The reason I went to Dr. Manoli is that he had done quite a few and I feel that is why I don't have any complications from it.

The surgery wasn't bad at all, I was put to sleep. I had to wear removable casts 24hrs for two weeks. I actually wore them 24hrs for 3 weeks. The first week I crawled everywhere (I had both legs done at the same time). I didn't like the feeling I had standing, it was pretty weird feeling in the calves. I started standing and walking with crutches after the first week. By the third week, I didn't need the crutches any more. After the third week, I only wear the boots at night while sleeping.

I could get around in the boots pretty well after the second week without crutches. Watch out when you take the boots off after the third week. Man, I thought I was going to fall flat on my face. It felt like I had no muscles in my feet at all - weird feeling. That feeling went away after a day or so. I did have weird feelings in my calves (not much strength and you can feel where they cut them) for a while after (about 2 months).

After 4 months, I really can't tell anything different.

dave r on 4/22/03 at 07:39 (116774)

I live in Wisconsin, Do you still have a tight heel cord? It seems that the procedure would give a person the ability to dorsiflex there foot a few more degrees. Now im unsure if this will work in my case. But i will say that my ability to dorsiflex is pretty poor. I am surprised to here that your range of motion has increased but your pain level hasnt changed. I would bet that will change over the coarse of a year. I am sure that you are still having trouble because of the tissue quality of the fascia at its origin. Do you know of any good websites that have information regarding this type of surgery?

Re: to BGCped Gastric slide

dave r on 4/22/03 at 12:58 (116819)

BGCped, is it Brian?
You bring up some valid points about the gastric slide. My doctor that gave me the pf release has never performed the gastric slide procedure nor did he know of anyone that did. Like i said before the releasea has helped me but i do still have trouble with my achilles and he really didnt want to touch it. he just wants me to stretch and stretch. I have had some success stretching but it is limited and i still have a tight heel cord. If i stretch to much it only causes a flareup. I see that if the procedure reduses fore foot pressure by 35% then what will it do to the rear of the foot. Do you or Dr Manilio or Dr. Wander have any comments?

Bev on 4/22/03 at 14:33 (116825)

What is the gastric slide done for?

Re: Gastric slide -- regional considerations

Ed Davis, DPM on 4/22/03 at 14:59 (116828)

BG:

The Seattle area, where I practice, is 'home base' for the gastrocnemius slide, largely due to the work of Sigvard Hanson, MD. Tendo achilles lengthening procedures tend to be more popular on the east coast.

There are several ways to do a gastroc slide. I do a modified Miller procedure which acts as somewhat of a hybrid between the gastroc slide and tendo achilles lenghtening -- has the advantages of both procedures while avoiding the disadvantages.

A gastroc slide will only work if plantar fasciitis is exaccerbated by a tight gastrosoleus achilles complex so it is definitely not for everyone.
Ed

Ed Davis, DPM on 4/22/03 at 15:01 (116829)

Bev:
For tight gastrosoleus achilles complex, particularly if that is an exaccerbating factor in PF.
Ed

dave r on 4/22/03 at 15:01 (116830)

Dr. Ed can i email you?

Ed Davis, DPM on 4/22/03 at 15:02 (116831)

Dave:
Yes. Use (email removed)
Ed

Re: Gastroc slide -- weakening

Ed Davis, DPM on 4/22/03 at 15:07 (116832)

BG:

The gastroc slide affects the aponeurosis of the gastrocnemius muscle but not the soleus. Patients who have had achilles lengthening procedures often complain that they lose the 'snap' in their step. Once the heel is planted (heel contact) the soleus acts from insertion (calcaneus) to origin (tibia) pulling the tibia bacwards to lock the knee. Once the knee is locked the gastroc fires. If the soleus is weakened, the locking of the knee joint may be delayed so that when the gastroc fires, it does so on an incompletely locked knee joint -- that is where the perception of weakness can occur.
Ed

Re: Gastroc slide -- healing

Ed Davis, DPM on 4/22/03 at 15:09 (116833)

One of the good things about the gastroc slide is that the cuts are made in the aponeurosis of the gastroc which heals very quickly compared to the achilles.
Ed

Ed Davis, DPM on 4/22/03 at 15:11 (116835)

Rochelle:
If you are willing to travel, check out Canadian fees -- Bayshore Clinic in Toronto or Sonocur Treatment Center in Vancouver. Whe you factor in the exchange rate this treatment is quite the bargain.
Ed

BGCPed on 4/22/03 at 16:01 (116846)

I watched a special last year on Harborview. They did about 20 minutes on Dr Hanson. I think the big fellowship in San Fran are the guys that kind of poo poo the procedure.

BGCPed on 4/22/03 at 16:09 (116847)

That was interesting point Dr Ed, I didnt know that one

D.Thomas on 4/22/03 at 19:06 (116860)

Dr. Ed,

I think a problem is that most Doctors don't know when a Gastroc slide might be better than a PF release. For some reason the PF release is the default for PF even thought a Gastroc slide might haver better results.

Isn't most people affected by a tight gastrosleus achilles that have PF and that is the main reason for stretching?

By the way, you crack me up. You know way too much about this stuff :)

D.Thomas on 4/22/03 at 19:20 (116863)

This is intersting (not that I get all of it - I have my muscle book around here somewhere :)).

I don't really feel that I have lost the 'snap' in my walk at all. I don't know what proceudre Dr. Manoli used on me and if the procedure can make a difference. I really can't tell now that I had surgery.

I also think Dr.Manoli said that he has worked with some of those doctors you mention in Seattle on the gastroc slide.

He said I got an inch and a half separation, and that I was very tight.

Brain, I also think you mentioned to me that I was very tight when I got fitted for my orthotics. What is funny, is that I had some of the other Doctors I saw tell me that I was very flexible and didn't think I had PF.

Ah, the life of a PF'er.

D.Thomas on 4/22/03 at 19:33 (116864)

I can tell that I don't feel as tight as I did before the surgery. Yes, I do get quite a bit more dorsiflex. However, Dr. Manoli told me that if you have high arches (which I do - scary high - he always shakes his head when he sees them :)) that you require quite a bit more flexibily because of it.

I bet a $1000 dollars that my tissue quality looks like road kill and is my main problem. I would bet that the tight achilles was the intial cause, but now the tissue is chronic. I am hoping the taping will give them a chance to heal. I am somewhat confident if I get the tissue quality better, the surgery will kick in.

Finding the right Doc with experience is important (I couldn't find that many who had quite a bit of experience with the Gastroc slide). Dr. Manoli is in Detroit. Maybe you could make a long road trip and see Dr. Ed :)

D.Thomas on 4/22/03 at 19:35 (116865)

I think Dr. Manoli also told me that you need much more flexibility in the achilles if you have high arches.

Rochelle on 4/22/03 at 21:51 (116877)

I never even heard of the g.Slide before you mentioned it. And my doc never even mentioned ESWT to me. I found out about it thru the board and then asked my doc about it-that surprised him too..this one will really throw him for a loop.

I would think that the stretching would be kinda related to the slide procedure...makes since to me...(maybe its because I am a massage therapist and I use stretching alot w/ my clients-now w/ PF, I cant stand still that long without hating it so I cant do that kind of work).

I will mention the slide to him when I see him on May 5th-my next appt. I dont know if I will qualify for it or not. I have seen 3 docs about this (not one mentioned ESWT or the slide).

In the meantime-Iam in pain. The feet hurt-I have them up as I type this. My taping is NOT helping at all and I think my Vioxx may be a placebo-ha!
I feel pain in my sleep--ugh!!

Blah blah blah
whine whine whine..

I think I will take a sleeping pill now...my dogs are barking!

Rochelle on 4/22/03 at 21:57 (116878)

I printed off your recommendations and I will discuss it in the morning w/ my husband and with the doc on May 5th-I may have to make an emergency appt w/ him sooner-I think I am getting worse. Vioxx is not working anymore-at least it doesnt seem that way. Iam feeling it terribly during my sleep too..ugh!

Iam going to invest in a boot to sleep in.
Have your patients had any luck with those?? They look terribly uncomfortable. But, if it works I would rather be uncomfortable than in pain.

Rochelle on 4/22/03 at 22:10 (116879)

YOW! 2 years ago I suffered a torn ligament in the left knee (I have real bad PF in the left foot). The thought of knee weakness makes me remember the pain of the torn ligament. I guess there is no way to strengthen the soleus to prevent this weakness??

Rochelle on 4/22/03 at 22:46 (116881)

eeewww-
you make this sound SOOO wonderful!! Itching,pain, constipation, flu like symptons, maybe diarreah and possibly addiction!!

Imagine getting addicted to all of that-ha!
Oh yeah, that is just what I was wanting-where do I sign up!

BGCPed on 4/22/03 at 23:17 (116885)

Dave, you were very tight. With a high degree cavus foot you generally have tighter tendons, kind of like a rubber band that is under a great deal of tension verses being lax. If I remember correctly when in prone position with your leg extended I couldnt get you to even a 90 degree angle. That is tight. I am not sure why anyone would tell you that you were not tight. It is probably the same people that tell cavus patients they pronate, have flat feet, need a motion control running shoe and an orthotic with lots of medial posting a super high arch.

hang in there

dave r on 4/23/03 at 07:28 (116895)

I am glad that this topic is being discussed. This is alot of great information. I have extremely high arches. Its like i can fit a tennis ball under them. You are right, i can only bend my foot to 90 degrees. thats it. If i do then i am in trouble. If a gastric slide is performed does this ultimately take the pressure of the achilles insertion point at the back of the calcaneous? I would think that it would make a very big difference. Also D. Thomas i think that you are right in saying that your tissue quality should improve now that some of the pressure has been relieved. Is that a correct statement?

Bev on 4/23/03 at 08:11 (116897)

Where is Dr. Manoli?

Bev on 4/23/03 at 08:15 (116898)

Sorry, you just answered it, he is in Detroit, that is what I thought. I wonder if I should go see him for my PF ( or whatever I have) problems.He dosen't do ESWT though, and I thought that maybe that could be thought of as a try first before any surgery.

D.Thomas on 4/23/03 at 11:45 (116925)

Brian,

Sorry, I missed this post. I will keep you up to date. Thanks for the support.

D.Thomas on 4/23/03 at 11:58 (116926)

Dave R.,

Yes, the gastroc slide should and did take pressure off the fascia because I now have much more flexibility like Brian said and less pressure on it when I walk.

However, I have had this for so long that my fascia is like 'road kill' and it is having a hard time healing because the tissue quality is so bad it will not allow it good circulation and a chance to heal quickly. ESWT would probably help me with getting better tissue quality faster, but the problem there is that they could not pinpoint my pain to an isolated point in my opinion (from my understanding that is when ESWT works better like insertional PF) because my pain is along the whole medial side of the fascia. I also might have plantar fibromotosis (sp?).

So, Dr. Manoli generally agrees with this and to just give it some time to heal. I am also agressively taping to make sure I keep as much pressure as I can off the fascia in hope that the tissue will finally start to heal.

Time will tell.

dave r on 4/23/03 at 12:11 (116929)

You seem to have a pretty good handle on treating this. the taping should help you. Have you ever thought about taking mega doses of vitamin c
to help kick start your healing?

Ed Davis, DPM on 4/23/03 at 15:58 (116946)

That is only an issue with tendo achilles lengthening, not the gastroc slide because the gastroc slide preserves the soleus. It is not dependent on the type of gastroc slide and is an advantage of the gastroc slide over the achilles tendon lengthening.
Ed

Ed Davis, DPM on 4/23/03 at 16:00 (116947)

Rochelle:
Some of the night splints are more comfortable than others. The N'Ice and Stretch mentioned on this site is probably the most comfortable one. Patient's success with the night splints is related to the degree of gastrosleus tightness present.
Ed

Rochelle on 4/23/03 at 17:11 (116952)

OK doc, Iam going to order one! Iam a bit worried about it because my foot hurts to be in that position..we will see.

BrianG on 4/23/03 at 18:12 (116956)

C'mon Rochelle, these are thing that 'might' happen. Personally, I'd take any one of them over chronic, unrelenting, pain !!! Most likely none of those things will happen to you :*)

BrianG

D.Thomas on 4/25/03 at 08:14 (117055)

What kind of taping are you doing? I have also taped in the past (different ways) and it didn't really help. But, lately I have become very aggressive in my taping and it appears to be helping some. It is slow progress, but I do notice some improvement.

I have found the way you tape and keep with it during the day is very important. And to change it everyday and not to miss day is also important.

D.Thomas on 4/25/03 at 08:16 (117056)

Yes, I have tried all the drugs and supplements. I do not take anything now and like it this way. I don't want anything to mask the pain so I know when the tape isn't working so I can re tape.

dave r on 4/25/03 at 09:29 (117071)

On my non surgery foot i use the three strip method. I also reapply everyday. I havent had to tape my other foot since i had surgery..