Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

More Fun and Games! (Another Cortisone Shot)

Posted by Mahatmelissama on 4/15/03 at 13:23 (116191)

Since it is that time of year...I do a lot of prayer and fasting around this time. I feel maybe that has helped me find this great doctor.

He gave me another shot (2nd one of cortisone mixture) and I didn't cry this time even once. It really doesn't hurt! It is sore but really nothing much at all. I can't wait to see how much the culmative effect will be. He does 3 shots of cortisone mixture on each patient for mortens neuroma (I just need one more on this foot). I already am enjoying much relief (can wiggle toes more after first FUN AND GAMES [shot]). I also don't get many spasms in toes on left foot anymore.

If anybody lives in the Bay Area, I highly recommend Dr. Kooiser. He ROCKS!

Reka, if you see this, he said you asked him the same thing (about the being worse off after a shot...pain in nerve). Hehe. He wondered if we were both 'reading off the same board'. Maybe someday we can get him to JOIN US on here! Just a thought! He could be 'Dr. K' since we have a Dr. Z. ;)

As you all know, I get pretty emotional over my feet so I must keep informing you all of my progress also in case newbies read this and have a mortens neuroma (toe pain).

Re: More Fun and Games! (Another Cortisone Shot)

Carole C in NOLA on 4/15/03 at 23:29 (116255)

You have sure been 'through the ringer' lately, Melissa. I sincerely wish the best for you and I am hoping that this shot will make a big difference.

Carole C

Necee on 4/15/03 at 23:54 (116260)

I hope that you can get some positive results Melissa with those shots. I had them too, but didn't get much relief. It wasn't until I started wearing the right kind of shoes that my feet began to heal.
I also have toe numbness and pain, but haven't been diagnosed with anything yet.
Hope you have a blessed Resurrection day!

Necee

Kathy G on 4/16/03 at 08:52 (116271)

Good luck, Melissa! I found that, ultimately, orthotics helped my Neuroma but up until that time, the shots worked beautifully.

It's great that you've found a doctor whom you like and trust. It makes such a difference.

Have a wonderful Easter!

rekha s on 4/16/03 at 14:09 (116317)

hi Melissa. I also saw dr K yesterday..and he did mention your concern about the nerve being hit etc...I told him we read this board and that we hear about these things ...glad to know you are doing so much better.....

Mahatmelissama on 4/17/03 at 23:25 (116485)

What I like about Dr. K is that he listens to ALL quetions and answers them (rare in real life outside heelspurs.com). My foot for some reason is more sore than it was last time after the shot but I am sure when the soreness is all gone I will have even more relief. How are your feet doing Reka?