Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Birkenstocks--what kind do you buy and why?

Posted by Lolly O on 4/15/03 at 14:06 (116195)

I have (4) pairs of Birksenstocks.
All (4) pair have the classic footbed. But (2) of the (4) hurt!!!

The best is the BOSTON WOOL BORDEAUZ clog
The 2nd best is the ARIZONA.
The 3rd & 4th are more expensive Birkenstock (but still have the classic footbed)BUT THEY KILL MY FEET.

I know that the 'Arizona' Birkenstock is the most reccomended for foot problems, but for my feet the BOSTON WOOL BORDEAUX is the best.

I want to buy some more birks. AT first I thought I was safe as long as it was a classic footbed. But I know that is no longer true.

I have PF/HS & TTS

Any and all suggestions appreciated.

Lolly,

Re: Birkenstocks--what kind do you buy and why?

Necee on 4/15/03 at 23:48 (116258)

Is it possible for you to take the ones back that hurt your feet?
I bought a pair of Birks and they hurt my feet, so I returned them to the store, there wasn't a problem with exchanging them.
I have heard several people say that they like the soft beds better, have you tried those?

All the best to you.
Necee

Mar on 4/17/03 at 10:39 (116404)

Have you tried the soft footbeds? They are the only ones I can wear. Also because of the high arch, it takes me a long time to get used to them. Last year I got the Florida softbeds and it took several months of a few minutes a day to an hour etc to get used to them. They were great all summer. Now I am trying to get used to them all over again! Mar

Necee on 4/17/03 at 12:45 (116415)

I failed to mention......It does take time for your feet to adjust to Birks, so this requires wearing them for a short time daily, then gradually wearing them full time. I remember it was instant relief for me when I first slipped my feet into a pair of them, I was sold right then!
I didn't realize until after wearing them around the house that the strap across the top was hurting the top of my foot, so that's why I had to change styles. Other than that they've been great shoes for me.

All the best to you...

Necee

Re: what birks have high arch and softbed?

Lolly O on 4/22/03 at 15:14 (116837)

I have ordered a pair of softbeds.
Not all styles come in softbed or higharch.
Some websites seem to conflict on this info.

From your experience....what birks have high arch and softbed?

Thanks,
Lolly