Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Tax deadline!!

Posted by Necee on 4/15/03 at 22:40 (116247)

I hope ya'll have beat the deadline! I mailed ours last week....along with a gift for uncle sam.

Happy trails....**==
Necee

Re: Tax deadline!!

Carole C in NOLA on 4/15/03 at 23:25 (116254)

I got mine in the mail Sunday morning, and was very happy to do so. I was even more generous with Uncle Sam and told him he could take too much out of my paycheck during the year. LOL Therefore I had a refund coming but I procrastinated. Luckily since my bank account only offers 0.25% interest, I only lost about $1.00 or less in interest due to my procrastinating. I will save my refund to use for more payments on my mortgage principal. My Grand Plan is to have my house paid off by retirement. We'll see.

If there's anything I hate, it's racing to the central post office at 11:30 on the 15th with my tax return. I've never been late, but who needs the stress. That's why I paid my taxes on Sunday despite being a procrastinator. :)

Carole C

Sharon W on 4/16/03 at 07:15 (116265)

Carole, Necee,

We did the last-minute thing yesterday, for the first time ever. I don't want to do it again!! It was crazy at the post office... but at least they were giving away coupons for a free Chick Fil-A. (My youngest daughter was happy with that...)

Anyway, Uncle Sam owes us a bunch of money, since Gary never changed the rate he had them take taxes out at when I stopped working... Not a good mistake to make, :'> but having the money come back to us will be nice.
:)

Sharon

Sharon

Carole C in NOLA on 4/16/03 at 08:00 (116267)

I agree; I don't like having to pay. I much prefer the prospect of getting a refund, even though logically I do realize it's my own money.

I remember one year (1985?) when I drove all over Bryan/College Station, Texas, looking for the ONE post office that was open until midnight on April 15th. When I arrived, there was a line and it was pretty nerve-wracking.

Have you decided what you will do with yours? As soon as I save more to go with my refund, I'm going to apply it to my mortgage principal. That probably doesn't sound too exciting, but it will help me to work towards my personal financial goals.

Carole C

Sharon W on 4/16/03 at 09:13 (116277)

Carole,

What we will do with our refund is even less glamorous than paying off a mortgage... we'll put it back into savings so it will be there later to help to pay our daughters' fall tuition.

How are your feet doing today?

Sharon

Carole C in NOLA on 4/16/03 at 12:35 (116300)

Sharon, to me that sounds like a pretty exciting way to use your refund! Paying college tuition for your daughter is wonderful.

Today I am wearing my orthotics in the big ugly men's shoes they were fitted to. So, my feet feel pretty good.

Although my foot pain is not too bad (1-2 on a scale of 1-10), they still have some healing to do. This morning by accident I stood for a moment barefoot while dressing. I hope that I won't regret it. The carpet in that room is pretty thick, and it was only for a few seconds, so maybe it will be all right.

I am still not ready to try riding my exercycle, since that seems to be what triggers my PF. I can't help but think 'WHY????' Why is it that EVERYBODY in the world except me can ride an exercycle and not get PF from doing it. I bought it, I love it, and just want to ride the blasted thing for ten or twenty minutes a day. Grrrr.

Carole C

Sharon W on 4/16/03 at 13:25 (116310)

Carole,

Yeah, I understand your trepidation about being barefoot. When I had my MRI Monday, I had to take off my Birks and walk from the changing room to the MRI machine. It felt SO strange to walk barefoot again!! I literally hadn't done it at all, for a year and a half... And, maybe it's self-induced because of that fear, but my feet have been bugging me more since then...

Hang in there, Carole, you'll probably be able to use that exercise bike again someday. You've been doing really well with your healing, and I'm betting on you to recover 100%. =D>

Sharon

Carole C in NOLA on 4/16/03 at 13:57 (116314)

I would feel the same way if I had walked barefoot from the changing room to the MRI. Walking barefoot really CAN make a difference. When my PF was really bad, I found out that just standing in the shower for five minutes was setting me back, every time. I started to improve right after getting a shower stool.

I'm determined to recover again 100%. I truly feel that I was 100%recovered, but got PF again due to that blasted exercycle.

Now, in my orthotics my feet really don't hurt much. When I'm sitting like I am now, the bottoms of my feet don't like resting on the floor; but if I put them on something slanting, they feel fine.

Sharon, have you heard the results from your MRI yet? If you have MS, they can discern the extent of nerve damage (demyelination, plaques, and so on) which shows up on the MRI of the brain or spinal cord as areas with greater reflectivity than healthy nerve tissue.

Through high resolution modern MRI, cases of MS that are very mild are being discovered that never would have been found before its invention. Don't be afraid if you get a positive diagnosis, but write me because I have some personal knowledge on this topic.

Carole C

Bev on 4/16/03 at 14:04 (116315)

Sharon, When will you find out what your MRI showed or did not show? What kind of symptoms are you having that you needed the MRI? I will be thinking and praying for a good outcome for you [-o<

Re: What deadline?

Ed Davis, DPM on 4/16/03 at 14:28 (116319)

I just filed an extension.
Ed

Sharon W on 4/16/03 at 14:47 (116323)

Bev,

The MRI is just to rule out MS. I do have some symptoms that COULD be early MS, but it probably isn't. I am a little concerned that they only did my brain, not my spinal cord, as Marie was explaining the early lesions of MS are often found at the top of the spinal cord, not actually in the brain.

As for when I'll know the outcome, I expect to see my PCP again on May 7th, but hopefully her office would call me to make an earlier appointment if the MRI showed something alarming like MS.

Sharon

Sharon W on 4/16/03 at 14:50 (116324)

Carole,

I really don't think I have MS, but thanks -- I will remember your offer.

Sharon

Re: What deadline?

Carole C in NOLA on 4/16/03 at 16:13 (116331)

And I thought I was the procrastinator, by filing Sunday morning! Dr. Ed, you outdid me. :)

Carole C