Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

heel pain

Posted by ILYAS on 4/17/03 at 11:01 (116406)

dear doctor
i hope you can help me
i have a pain on the outer side of my heel.it feels hard and painful when i place finger pressure on this part.i am 37 years old play soccer and train 2 times a week inc running.i play soocer on astro turf and have been doing for nearly 23 years.i have previously had achiles tendinitis but not at the moment.i have been resting the injury but still no improvement i hope you can help as i feel frustrated not doing any sports or training.

kind regards & thanking you in advance for your comments

ilyas

Re: heel pain

Dr. David S. Wander on 4/17/03 at 15:44 (116435)

I play and coach soccer and treat a lot of soccer players. However, no advice can be given without you first having a thorough exam by a doctor. Once you've seen a doctor and have a definite diagnosis, I will be happy to offer my advice regarding treatment options. Since I can't examine you on the internet, it is imperative that you be evaluated for your own benefit.

Re: Dr. Wander

Dr. Z on 4/17/03 at 17:41 (116441)

David

Would you e-mail Dr. Z at (email removed). I am in my office and need to e-mail you some information. Thanks

Mike T. on 4/18/03 at 05:23 (116489)

My doctor just made impressions of my feet for inserts into my shoes. Unfortunately my insurance does not cover this. If this still does not make the pain go away, what would you suggest? I have been diagnosed with plantar fac. I am a very active person also with sports and I am a policeman so I am on my feet often. I have heard the next step would be to have injections into my feet, which is extremely painful. Is this process just a quick relief of the pain or does this benefit me more than that in the long run as well?

Dr. Z on 4/18/03 at 10:12 (116520)

Local steriod injections can cure acute swelling of the plantar fascia. If the plantar fascia is chronic then steriods probaby will have no effect on the problem. What other treatments have you had in conjunction with orthosis?