Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Happy Easter to all!

Posted by Suzanne D on 4/20/03 at 07:36 (116607)

May this day be a special one for each of you! @};-

With good thoughts and wishes,
Suzanne :)

Re: Happy Easter to you too, Suzanne! (nm)

Carole C in NOLA on 4/20/03 at 09:22 (116612)

Re: Hope you all had a happy holiday!

Kathy G on 4/21/03 at 09:57 (116674)

Thank you for the kind wishes, Suzanne and Carole, and I hope you all had a happy holiday weekend. Ours was great. The weather cooperated and now we've had sun for maybe four days in a row. It's finally gotten to the point that we don't get up and gaze in amazement at the yellow orb in the sky and wonder what it is.

Both my children and their respective significant others came for dinner and we had roast lamb and Yorkshire Pudding with strawberry shortcake for dessert. And best of all, no one was in a hurry and we could visit all day. I'm not moving real well today but I don't mind because I can take it easy and it was well worth it!

Hope everyone is doing well!

Re: A joke

BrianG on 4/21/03 at 10:30 (116681)

I'm a day late, and a dollar shot, as usuall! :*)
But hope everyone had a good holiday. Here's a good one, for the teachers:

If I sold my house and my car, had a big garage sale, and gave all my
>money to the church, would that get me into heaven?' I asked the children
>in my Sunday school class.
>
>'NO!' The children all answered.
>
>'If I cleaned the church every day, mowed the yard, and kept everything
>neat and tidy, would that get me into heaven?'
>
>Again the answer was, 'NO!'
>
>'Well then, if I was kind to animals and gave candy to all little children
>and loved my wife, would that get me into heaven?' I asked them again.
>
>Once more they all answered, 'NO!'
>
>'Well,I continued, thinking they were a good bit more theologically
>sophisticated than I gave them credit for, 'then how can I get into
>heaven?'
>A five year old boy shouted out, 'YOU GOTTA BE DEAD!'
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kathy G on 4/21/03 at 14:34 (116705)

Good one, Brian! :)

Suzanne D on 4/21/03 at 15:23 (116711)

Thanks, Carole and Kathy! It sounds like you had a great day, Kathy. It was cool and rained last night, but we still had a good day with family and friends.

Carole, how are your banana tress doing?

Suzanne D on 4/21/03 at 15:24 (116712)

I love it, Brian! Children think in such concrete terms. That would be just what they would say when asked that question!

Carole C in NOLA on 4/21/03 at 17:39 (116726)

My banana trees are beautiful! They look like trees again, probably 6-8' tall already with large green banana fronds that aren't ragged at all, yet.

In fact, my yard is just coming alive with green and lush vegetation. I thought it all died last year in the hard freeze, but apparently most of it is coming back (whew!).

The only thing that hasn't come back is the two hibiscus bushes, and I read in my gardening book yesterday that you have to replace them after a long hard freeze like we had a few months back.

I had a pretty good Easter, though it sounds sort of pitiful. But really, it wasn't. I didn't have anybody to be with, so I had a grilled chicken Lean Cuisine and watched The Green Mile on DVD while doing my laundry and dishes.

I didn't realize that The Green Mile was so 'on topic' for Easter. Well, I could see how some people might think it was not Christian but I think it's all in how you interpret it. The film deals with forces of good and evil and with the forces of good working on earth in different ways through some good men, and these good men knowing that death will not be a bad thing for them. I really liked it.

Carole C

Re: Happy Easter to all!

Necee on 4/21/03 at 21:57 (116761)

I hope you all had a wonderful Easter. The weather was perfect here in Texas. My brother and his wife came to our farm, my nephews were also there. We had a cookout, sat around in the cool of the afternoon (after eating way too much!) and talked, we tossed horseshoes, and then went fishing at our lake. We walked in the Bluebonnets and took lots of pictures, then after watching the sunset we called it a day!

Happy trails...
Necee

Re: The way children think

Kathy G on 4/23/03 at 14:55 (116937)

My son, who is a tennis instructor, has a group of 'munchkins' as he calls them, who are truly too young to be taking tennis lessons. He's tried to tell the members that but if they insist on them taking lessons, who is he to argue? His current young group is made up of two four-year-olds and one three-year-old. At the beginning of the last lesson, he said, 'Now what did we say we were going to work on today?' And one answered, 'Our forehand!' He said that was correct. The three-year-old who he says is an adoreable blond with big blue eyes, looked up at him in dismay. 'But I only have two hands!'

He has some great stories about kids and just loves his time with them!