Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Heel Surgery

Posted by Sandra on 4/21/03 at 13:34 (116698)

I am going in for a foot deformity called Hagglens?? and bone spurs on my left heel. I was just wondering what the recovery time was and how long it takes to get back to work. I have to drive about 1 hour each was to get to work and back and then sit at a desk all day working on a computer.

Re: Heel Surgery

Dr. Z on 4/30/03 at 18:03 (117463)

IF the achilles tendon is being removed it would take up to six months or more for recovery.

Re: Heel Surgery

Sandra on 5/01/03 at 00:38 (117509)

My doctor said that he will need to remove the extra bone and the spurs and remove the tendon and then re-attach with staples and remove any bursitis if apparent. Not sure what that all means and the whole thing has me very scared. I was just wondering what the time away from work was I drive about 1.25 hours each way strickly highway little to no stop and go traffic I think about two stoplights if planned correctly. He gave me a 6week note for my employeer do you think that is enough to much? Can I expect to be off my fee the whole time? or Will I be able to travel? %%-