Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Kerig - how is it going

Posted by lara t on 4/23/03 at 11:04 (116922)

How is it going Kerig. We haven't heard from you for awhile - I know you were waiting for some test results. Seems like they should have come by now although I think you said the end of the month. Maybe not as much time has passed as it feels like (probably feels longer to you!) Anyway, we'd love to hear from you.

Re: Kerig - how is it going

Kerig P. on 4/29/03 at 18:47 (117389)

Hi Tara,
Wow, thanks for asking about me. It's great that someone is concerned, and it really helps me mentally! You're the best!

First off, I tried compression socks and unfortunately they didn't help (but they didn't hurt either).

I paid a visit back to our family doctor, who put me back on the Ultram. He said that it was unnecessary to deal with constant pain and that Ultram is not that bad to take many times a day. He also wants me to see another orthopedic surgeon, one that handles foot problems exclusively, for a second opinion for the TTS diagnosis and treatment. Of all the doctors I've seen for this, my family doctor has been the only one that I've felt completely comfortable with, and he genuinly wants me to get better and not just come back in a few weeks to just 'check on me'.

So that's where I sit. Again in limbo, but I feel a bit better that I'm going to make sure that the other OS's dignosis and treatment is correct.

In the meantime, I continue to excercise as the physical therapist had instructed me, which has helped in regaining more mobility. The plus side is that now with the exercise and the Ultram, I'm not in that constant 'figidty' pain that I was in for the last 6 weeks.

-Kerig

Re: Kerig - how is it going

Sharon W on 4/29/03 at 21:44 (117400)

Kerig,

Ultram is a good drug for TTS, much better than Vicodin or something like that. I'm glad your doctor was wise enough to realize it is unnecessary for you to deal with constant pain... not all doctors are wise and compassionate enough to see it that way.

Sharon