Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

lept laser used in Bayshore clinic post-eswt to speed healing, article in newsweek on another laser

Posted by rekha s on 4/24/03 at 17:25 (117005)

I remember that Mohez specifically mentioned lept laser was used extensively post eswt on him to help speed the healing process. If I remember correctly, Sunny from Bayshore posted that they do indeed follow up treatment of eswt with this laser treatment.

Just a week or two ago I read a newsweek article 'shining a light on pain'
here is the link to that article

http://www.msnbc.com/news/893461.asp

after reading this article, I was pretty impressed, of course Newsweek is a pretty reputable magazine...so I looked into it and found out that leds (light emitting diodes) and lept laser (low energy photon therapy) are pretty much almost identical in that the light therapy when used on the specific injury speeds up healing process by encouraging blood flow to the area, and to boost the body's own healing process...this is kind of like what ESWT does. I am in no ways saying this will somehow replace eswt...
just interested in how this is also a new tech that stimulates the body to increase blood flow to the area.....

I just thought it is worth a mention on this board. Maybe if we bought one of these portable ones at home...could this help when we have a slight reacurrance of pf? If Sunny from Bayshore is reading this, can you tell us more about this therapy? How many times do you use it post-eswt?

Re: lept laser used in Bayshore clinic post-eswt to speed healing, article in newsweek on another laser

Ed Davis, DPM on 4/24/03 at 18:48 (117021)

The article references a device that is not a laser.
Ed

Re: lept laser used in Bayshore clinic post-eswt to speed healing, article in newsweek on another laser

rekha s on 4/24/03 at 19:58 (117030)

oh yes, my bad....I believe the leds is a light therapy. They do seem to be different, but they both increase blood flow to the area, thus speeding recovery.

sorry about the mistake.

Pauline on 4/24/03 at 19:59 (117031)

Interesting link and article. Thanks for posting it.

Sunny Jacob, Bayshore on 4/25/03 at 06:23 (117050)

Rekha,
Regarding the laser treatment, please refer to my paper presented at the ESWT symposium in Germany. The website is http://www.eswt.bayshore.ca , ESWT services, NEWS. We provide low intensity laser therapy in combination with ESWT as part of our standard treatment and there is no additional fee.