Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Active Release works!!!

Posted by HilaryG on 4/28/03 at 18:03 (117288)

I just wanted you all to know that after my third Active Release treatment I started to feel much better and now after the fourth treatment I am almost totally cured. I think anyone with PF who has a chiropractor who does ART anywhere near them, should try it. You can go to the website Activerelease.com to locate a provider. I'd be happy to answer any questions, but I'm not sure I know that much, aside from my own experience. Hilary

Re: Active Release works!!!

Bev on 4/28/03 at 19:30 (117299)

Isn't ART very painful treatment? Don't they massage very hard over the painful areas of the foot?

Re: Bev

carmen h on 4/28/03 at 19:53 (117300)

You can do a search on this site with ART or the actual words and it will bring up information on it.
I had it done..it helped a lot but not a cure.

HilaryG on 4/28/03 at 20:47 (117309)

In my case I find it only slightly uncomfortable, not actually painful.

Rosemary T on 5/06/03 at 20:17 (117964)

Looked on the website for ART,couldn't find an good explanation of what it is exactly. Is it like a deep tissue massage? Does it hurt while it is being done or after? Would love a description of the treatment from those who have had it done. thanks, Rosemary

HilaryG on 5/07/03 at 07:05 (117992)

For me the ART treatments feel like a deep massage with lots of poking and probing of my feet. It can be uncomfortable, but I get more pain afterwards than during the treatment. However once the pain is gone I feel much much better than i did before. Therefore I think it's worth it. I know that not everyone whose had it thinks ART is a cure, but I think it is. My orthopedic surgeon said he has had many patients get helped by ART.

Celia on 5/15/03 at 14:01 (118868)

A.R.T. is working for me slowly and that's because I've had this PF on both feet for five years. It wasn't until last year that I found my chiropractor. I could barely walk! Now I can get back into my workout mode and can even run up to two miles!! That alone is a miracle to me! I went from seeing him twice a week, to once a week, to feeling great and not seeing him again (never do that!), to starting from scratch. When I get better I have to remember that I have to continue my treatments because I'll be good enough to dance salsa and then the next day I'm back to square one.

Although he's great, A.R.T. is extremely painful for me. I don't know if it's all the knots I have in my calves, but it's definitely worth the 5 minutes of pain. He basically finds a knot and pushes deep straight into the knot and then makes me flex while he's pushing in. He does that to a lot of areas in my legs. With my feet, while I flex, he rubs his thumb straight across my feet from heel to toe and I'm in agone of course, but then it goes away. I can feel all the calcium build up in my feet when he does that. They feel like little rocks.

Another thing that has helped me along with A.R.T. is LOSING WEIGHT!!! I strongly recommend that to those who are even 10 pounds overweight. It makes a tremendous amount of difference.

So do I recommend A.R.T.? ABSOLUTELY!!!