Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

back of the heel pain

Posted by suzy z on 4/28/03 at 20:36 (117307)

Hello everyone..I am new but happy to find this group..I have had PF and achilles tendon probs for about 6 yrs..I am in so much pain I can barely walk. However, my pain is at the back of my heel. MY doc says I have PF and tendonitis but my pain isnt always indicative of this..just the back of my heel is so sore , it even hurts to touch it. It is red and slighlty swollen. I am wondering if anyone else has this kind of pain.
thanks...

suzy

Re: back of the heel pain

Dr. Z on 4/28/03 at 22:42 (117318)

What kind of tests and treatments have lead you to this chronic pain levels. I like to evaluate and x-ray and use an ultrasoud diagnositic device to see how the tissue quality is in those two ares The range of motion at the level of both subtalar joint and ankle joint need to be review If the pain is insertiona meaning where the achilles and or pf isertions into the back and bottom of your heel bone then ESWT is an excellence procedural option What have you read or know about ESWT? Do very happy to riview your previous medical records or set you up for an evalustion. You can e-mail Dr. Z at (email removed)