Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

**Massage**

Posted by Necee on 4/30/03 at 00:13 (117408)

Hey gals!
I got home from work feeling so tired and really dragging. I took a hot shower, and relaxed a while before fixing supper. After supper my sweet hubby washed the dishes and then massaged my poor aching feet!! It felt so good!!! I never like to ask him to massage my feet cause I know he's tired from working hard all day too, but I guess he could tell I was in a lot of pain tonight. Just wanted to brag a little on my sweet hubby.

Happy trails.....

Necee

Re: **Massage**

wendyn on 4/30/03 at 07:40 (117417)

Sound like you had some well-deserved pampering!!!

Re: **Massage**

Kathy G on 4/30/03 at 08:50 (117424)

Okay, folks, that's it, I had this brilliant, as always, message and went to insert a stupid smiley face and knocked myself right off the board! No more attempts at using them. I'm not bright enough! Now let's see if I can recapture that brilliance!

Actually, I was just saying that I've been having a devil of a time with pain in my calf due to overdoing it, I guess, although I don't think I've done that much. But the pain has been really bad. Yesterday, my husband worked. I didn't say anything about how much my leg was hurting and I don't think I was limping or anything but my husband, who had worked a long day, sat on the couch and said, 'Okay, give me your feet!' He massaged my feet and my leg and this morning, the pain in my calf is gone!

Let's hear it for the husbands and wives who put up with all of these foot problems!

Re: To: Kathy Re: **Massage**

Necee on 4/30/03 at 23:23 (117504)

Kathy, how funny........your husband did the exact same thing that mine did, he noticed that I was in pain, I never said a word to him, the next thing I knew he had my foot lotion in hand and sat on the sofa next to me telling me to give him my feet!

Happy trails...**==
Necee

Bev on 5/01/03 at 07:51 (117521)

I go to bed with 'Ben' every night , but my husband does not mind because 'Ben' is gay. I rub hubbys sore back with bengay and he rubs my sore feet, we sure do smell good when we go to bed :x but after 38 years who notices, right :x

Sharon W on 5/01/03 at 08:28 (117524)

Good one, Bev. ;)

Could be worse. I go to bed with my feet up on a wedge pillow and my wrists in splints... How attractive and romantic!!)

Sharon

Re: Supportive spouses

Sharon W on 5/01/03 at 08:33 (117526)

It is so wonderful having a supportive and considerate spouse! Really, what would we do without them? When the rest of the world seems to be looking at me askance, 'What's wrong with that lady and why is she walking so funny?' there is Gary by my side, offering me his hand...

Sharon

Bev on 5/01/03 at 08:33 (117527)

Sharon,
I really needed that laugh today, thanks :)) and thanks :D Bev

Bev on 5/01/03 at 08:52 (117528)

We are really fortunate, sometimes I think they broke the mold after they made my hubby, he is the greatest. How he puts up with me I will never know. He is the bestest there ever was and ever will be, and I thank God every day for him. He is the bestest dad and grampa and hubby ever. When he is there to get me a w/c , I feel so badly, but he just says 'get in' and away we go. I went through 8 years of h--- with a very ill mother and he took care of our family so I could care for my mother (all the while I was also working full time, and I still cared for my family too) , he was an angel all those years, he helped me through h--- and back and we made it with Gods help too. And now this with me, wow, I bet he never knew this was in the marriage contract. He comes from a huge family and his family always had family get-togethers out at the farms as our children were growing up so they always had fun things to do and places to go and lots of cousins to play with , so that was always nice. Well, goota run , daughter and grandsons will be here as today is my day to run over everyone at Walmart in my ol' granny cart while we do our shopping :D You have a great day today :) Bev

Kathy G on 5/01/03 at 09:49 (117537)

Bev,

I am so happy for you that your daughter and grandchildren are so close! What a blessing for you to have them close by to enjoy.

You know, I suspect your husband is wonderful because you deserve it. Now enough of all this nice stuff, you go run them over all the WalMart shoppers and have fun doing it!!!

Suzanne D on 5/01/03 at 21:33 (117624)

You ladies are very fortunate. I'm sure you know that!

I'm glad you have such support.

Suzanne :)