Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

2-1/2 month post op --- :)

Posted by Marty on 5/01/03 at 12:50 (117556)

Hi everyone! Sorry I haven't kept everyone posted. I've have allot going on out of my control. Anyway I'm doing good. Still swelling and some pain but it's getting better everyday. I'm excited it's going so well. Most of my pain is from the swelling that I hope will go away. I haven't done any running, jumping and don't have a good foot to ground feeling yet but it's so nice not have the horrible burning in both feet. Now only in one and it's a little better at times. The only nerve pain I have is in the ball of my foot. The nerve has regenerated itself past my ankle and now is healing slowing under my foot. My toes feel like they have needles stuck in the ends of them only about 2 hours a day now. I think the doctor was really aggressive with the heelspurr. Still sore and swelling in the insertion area.

Hope all are doing well. Doctors, Dave, Sharon, Marrie and (all) the others...... Thanks so much!

Marty

Re: 2-1/2 month post op --- :)

dave r on 5/01/03 at 14:56 (117564)

Marty are you still using a wheel chair at work or are you up and about?

Sharon W on 5/01/03 at 14:56 (117565)

Marty,

So sorry to hear about your mother's death. That's really hard to deal with. No wonder you haven't posted for a while.

You wrote:

'I'm doing good. Still swelling and some pain but it's getting better everyday. I'm excited it's going so well.'

That's WONDERFUL! :D Congratulations! =D>

'Most of my pain is from the swelling that I hope will go away.'

I think it will. As my foot continues to heal (VERY slowly, now) I notice less swelling.

I haven't done any running, jumping and don't have a good foot to ground feeling yet but it's so nice not have the horrible burning in both feet. Now only in one and it's a little better at times. The only nerve pain I have is in the ball of my foot.

Burning usually IS nerve pain, but I know what you mean. It's really terrific when you realize, wow, I actually feel a whole lot better! Of course, at this point you are at risk for excessive scar tissue formation, but I have a feeling a year from now you will be popping back in to these boards every now and then to encourage newbies and tell them, no, it really ISN'T hopeless...

'The nerve has regenerated itself past my ankle and now is healing slowing under my foot. My toes feel like they have needles stuck in the ends of them only about 2 hours a day now.'

OUCH!

'I think the doctor was really aggressive with the heelspurr. Still sore and swelling in the insertion area.'

It sounds like that area might be the last to heal. But you seem to have a great attitude, and more patience with your healing process than I had (!) You'll be fine!

Sharon
:)

Marty on 5/01/03 at 15:25 (117568)

Thanks Sharon, You have really been a great strength. I have been doing my own therapy on the scar area every night. I can't remember the name something like 'deep tissue massage'. The pod showed me how to do it. I don't know if it will help but still doing it.

How have you been? How goes the PN battle? Have you been back to your doctor?

Marty

Marty on 5/01/03 at 15:36 (117569)

No, I used it for 3 weeks then went to crutches. I have been walking now at work for 3 weeks. 2 weeks now crutch.

Are you able to run yet?

dave r on 5/01/03 at 15:39 (117571)

Marty i havent tried to run yet, Like i said i am still having trouble with my achilles so it may be awhile

Sharon W on 5/01/03 at 16:55 (117576)

Marty,

I'm keepin' on keepin' on. :>

The PN is still there (no surprise -- it doesn't go away) but it isn't that bad. Certainly not as painful as the TTS was! I still don't have the diagnosis I want, and need, to identify what's CAUSING my PN. But, my family doctor is willing to help; the latest thing was an MRI of my brain to make sure it's not MS (it isn't). \:D/

How's your wife doing, and your in-laws?

Sharon

Marty on 5/02/03 at 08:27 (117648)

Oh that's right. Hope you get the bugs worked out.