Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Pauline, have you seen this?

Posted by elliott on 5/02/03 at 15:01 (117688)

On a topic dear to your heart by docs close enough to touch it. :-) You know, sounds almost like you wrote this abstract yourself. :-)

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?cmd=Retrieve&db=PubMed&list_uids=12500787&dopt=Abstract

[]

Re: Pauline, have you seen this?

Pauline on 5/03/03 at 14:57 (117751)

Welcome back Elliott. Your right, I should have wrote it. I personally have missed your research and inquiring mind. You highlighted and posted material on many good topics in the past. I hope you continue to do so.

I enjoy searching and reading the various abstracts on a variety of medical subjects. It's almost as good as playing bridge for keeping the gray matter stimulated.

D.Thomas on 5/03/03 at 17:00 (117764)

Elliott,

Long time no hear. Hope things are going well.

john h on 5/03/03 at 17:54 (117769)

Elliott this makes a lot of sense to me. When I was considering the surgical option I did a lot of research on the various surgeries. Dr. Baxter's procedure basically removes a half moon shape of fasica less than 1/2' across where the fasica attaches to the heel. His goal was not really a fascia release but to relieve some pressure on the Baxter nerve beneath it. It is jus coincidental that a very small release occurs probably less than 10%. I did not want to risk permenent damage where the Doctors for the most part do the release by feel and not visually. Some Doctors I talked to at the time released 100%. The incision is very small and the surgery for the Baxter procedure was probably no more than 20 minutes. When I stretch my toes upwards I can clearly see all the fascia bands. I would never risk a major fascia release unless I was in big time pain and nothing else had worked.