Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

6 days post op

Posted by JoAnn M on 5/05/03 at 11:38 (117830)

Hi,well I had surgery last Tuesday(April 29).pf release and tarsal tunnell on left foot.Seems like my doctor said more was wrong with calcaneal nerve?.I was really out of it after surgery so am relying on my husbands memory.Cast comes off tomorrow.Not as much pain as I expected.Am ok if my foot stays elevated.Some pain,burning,and shocks if I don't.Otherwise,mostly bug-crawling feelings across ankle and heel,some burning at heel,lots of irritation from cast(its huge).am taking celebrex and have percocet and darvocet as needed.Mostly to sleep without waking up from burning in heel.Will let you know how it is after cast comes off tomorrow.

Re: 6 days post op

Sharon W on 5/05/03 at 16:44 (117844)

Hang in there, JoAnn. It sounds like so far, so good.

As I think you've already learned, the surgery you just had requires a rather long recovery period -- but if it is successful, you may get considerable relief from all that pain you've been in. In the meantime, you'll need to be VERY patient, and to follow all your doctor's orders -- dont 'push it' and try to do more, even if you think you can... Your feet will thank you for that caution, in the long run!

Yes, please do let us know how it looked with the cast off, and also what the doctor told you about that calcaneal nerve...

Sharon
:)

JoAnn M on 5/06/03 at 17:22 (117936)

cast came off today!how did it look?eewwwwwww!lots of drainage,lots of stitches,lots of tape(butterfly type bandages).incision goes from just above and behind ankle down under foot and into arch.stitches come out next tuesday,will ask for more details of my surgery.i was just so happy to get rid of the cast!doc says to walk on foot if comfortable,put me in a boot and new dressing with ankle wrap and sock type thingy.i can manage a few minutes walking with a cane.he said if it hurts,sit down.makes sense to me.i so hope it will be a success!will keep you posted.

Pauline on 5/07/03 at 18:58 (118054)

JoAnn,
Wishing you luck. Sounds like you had an involved surgery. Hope your recovery will be smooth and speedy.

Marty on 5/08/03 at 16:19 (118114)

Looks like your over the main surgery sock and awe !!!

Marty

Sharon W on 5/08/03 at 16:38 (118118)

Heh heh heh... ;)

How are you, Marty? Are things still getting a little better every week??

Sharon
:)