Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

6 weeks post eswt

Posted by rekha s on 5/05/03 at 17:50 (117849)

I am currently at week 6....I am noticing slight improvement over pain while standing in one position, the pain is definitely getting better, slowly but surely. I was having a little setback last week when my good foot started having heel pain and the achilles tendon in that foot seems tight and painful...my guess is from stretching too vigorously....I am trying to learn proper ways of stretching....if anyone has any suggestions out there, please share.

The dr wanted to inject cortizone into the non-eswt foot...I declined..but maybe next appt I will opt for that...dr is hoping that as soon as my treated foot starts feeling better, and I am walking better, that the other foot will improve

I am remaining positive...and hoping for a pain free summer...as I have stated previously, the times I have had eswt b4, my foot has always improved.....

Re: 6 weeks post eswt

Ed Davis, DPM on 5/05/03 at 20:09 (117857)

Rekha:
I have found that, on the average, relief is first noticed about week 7, getting progressively more pronounced as one moves to week 12.
Ed