Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Thank you!!!!!

Posted by Kristen D. on 5/06/03 at 22:22 (117980)

Thank you all for responding to my post and for all your advice and support! It meant a lot to me to see so many replies and such compassion. Today was a little better. Last night at Physical Therapy they tried the neuroprobe. It delivers electric stim to meridian points just like acupuncture. It helped a little bit last night. I was able to go to the grocery store after PT to grab a few quick things. I have PT again tomorrow night so we'll see how it goes. I called the podiatrist's office again and still no word on the night splint. Getting a little frustrated there. I also ordered the Powerstep inserts from here to see if they would provide any relief while waiting for the orthotics. I also plan to go and get some Birks. I will try ANYTHING that will possibly help!!!! Thank you all so much and I will keep you posted. Now if I could just get my son to take a nap and stop fighting sleep so much..... :)

Kristen

Re: Thank you!!!!!

Necee on 5/06/03 at 22:56 (117982)

Kristen I'm so glad that you are getting some positive results!
Keep us posted, I wish you all the best as you fight this long and hard battle with PF. Keep focused on positive thoughts, there will be ups and downs, but don't let that discourage you.

Happy trails...

Necee

Bev on 5/07/03 at 07:58 (117997)

Kristen,
I have never heard of that neuroprobe at therapy.Sounds interesting. I had a lot of therapy, however up here in the back country we do not hear of the latest and greatest. Do you think it is helping, Kristen? If you could go to the store that would be a great accomplishment for me, so 'you go girl'. I have a grandson who sounds just like your son, hates to go to sleep 8-(PIPE) a REAL frustration for his mom (she has MS and needs a nap too).He is 3 and really wears her out.How old is your son? Have you read Dr. Dobson's book 'Bringing Up Boys' ? It is a book, a tape, and a video series. Right now we (and our children) are going to the video series at church, it is great :) We are learning so much about our grandchildren(and men in general). This series starts out from day one through adult with your children and it is great :) Our children got the tapes set to listen to in their cars . Well, you have a nice day, and I hope your weather is nice so you and your son can enjoy the outside B-) Bev

Kristen D. on 5/08/03 at 12:22 (118106)

Thanks again for all the support. It really means a lot to me. I had the neuroprobe again last night and it does seem to help. It hurts like heck when they are doing it but afterwards it feels a little better. Got the Powersteps inserts and they seem to help too. They provide support for my high arches. Feeling a little better and a little more hopeful. I never thought I would have such an obsession with my feet :)

Bev- My son will be 7 months old on Tuesday. He is teething and is miserable a lot lately. He is napping right now, thank goodness and I am icing my feet! And its raining so no going outside today, oh well! Happy Mothers Day to you!

Thanks again and take care all!

Kristen

JudyS on 5/08/03 at 16:44 (118120)

Well Kristen, I've had teething babies, rainy days and sore feet - but I've never had them all at once! I think you deserve a 'Superwoman' medal!:>