Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Thankyou everyone

Posted by Marilu H on 5/07/03 at 10:05 (118010)

HI I just wanted to thank you all for your posts and reading my vent.Your understanding really helped. You guys are great.Somebody must of said a prayer too because I feel much better today and Hubby apologized! :-) That made everything better!He said he was just frustrated and figured the doctor wasn't going to be able to do much other then insist I rest my foot more-which I'm doing.I was really feeling isolated yesterday and it was so nice to have some communication with you all. Thanks so much!!! Usually I am good at taking charge of things but the medical profession completely unnerves me-I went through the same thing after the car accident. If I listened to the first doctor I went to I would be on a ton of medication for MS which a different doctor did tests for and I definitely don't have!! It is definitely a frustrating system to work through and you really have to research everything on your own-which is hard as you know when you already feel overwhelmed by pain.-Well thankyou again and I hope you all have something really nice happen for you today!-Marilu

Re: Thankyou everyone

Suzanne D on 5/07/03 at 16:48 (118037)

It was nice of you, Marilu, and also Kristen, to tell us thank you and to keep us informed on how you are doing. We appreciate it! Sometimes you really pour your heart into a post to try to help someone and then they never post again. It's not that you want a thank you, but you wonder if they really read it or if it helped them at all. So it was nice of you to post again.

I am glad that you are feeling better today. Yes, the isolation and feeling like no one understands can really get to you. That's where this board helps so much! And the information shared is great, too.

I'm also glad your husband apologized today. Some husbands are good at rubbing their wives' feet and showing sympathy, and others (like mine) are concerned but can't show it in helpful ways like that. They get aggravated and upset that it is happening and they can't control things, and they end up taking it out on us. Maybe that's not your case, but if it is, I do understand.

Hang in there! You're part of a good thing on this board.

Suzanne :)

Marilu H on 5/07/03 at 17:13 (118044)

Thank you Suzanne I have a combination of both in my hubby-thank you for understanding and sharing.I guess I'm a mixture of both too though I work at not being that. I felt a lot more forgiving after I read the posts. Men are definitely from Mars sometimes. I think I understand that old saying you can't live with them and you can't live without them. It is hard to understand sometimes why they can't understand that if they just spent 5 minutes being supportive it would avoid a whole day of frustration and frayed nerves. Anyway I'll say a little prayer for us all that things will improve in some way! I truly appreciate the support you all showed. I hope some special gentleness and kindness come your way that is just right for you.We do deserve that no matter what kind of treatment we get from others but it is hard to remember sometimes! Thanks so much for reminding me.

JudyS on 5/07/03 at 19:18 (118059)

Wait a minute - I thought that saying went like this; 'can't live with 'em and just can't shoot 'em'......:)

Suzanne D on 5/07/03 at 20:13 (118062)

Thank you for your kindness, Marilu! @};-

Have a good evening!
Suzanne :)

Marilu H on 5/08/03 at 10:06 (118090)

:0 What part of the =:)country do you come from? Is that where you get that 'do it or die' attitude?-j/k lol :D I just discovered the :) ly section. It is fun :o) ing around with it. Or should I say it is pretty B-) (cool) Okay so I am just trying to come up with sentences to use them in :-? By the way finding a counselor can be worse then finding help for PF! ;) I'm exhausted (:(PIPE) from scavage hunting in the medical health care system for appropriate help. Sometimes the best medicine is just finding out everyday people you meet think you are worth having good things happen to and remind you- like all you guys did for me. :) thank you thank you

JudyS on 5/08/03 at 16:37 (118117)

Marilu - are those emoticons fun or what? I printed them out and monkey with them when I feel like taking the time:D
I sure hear you regarding the idea of finding a counselor in today's medical system - especially HMO's, and especially when all you need is a good sounding board once or twice. But then you may have hit the nail on the head - there couldn't be a better 'group therapy' then the one here!
I'm in San Diego and I'm not really all that tough (shush your mouth, John h :) ) - that's just a saying that I thought was cute....