Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Gangolin cysts

Posted by Cleo E. on 5/08/03 at 09:28 (118087)

My ankle was very slightly injured in an auto accident about 2 1/2 weeks ago. While I sought out treatment for my other injuries, I did not for my ankle. It just felt as if I had stepped off a stair wrong and twisted it. Then yesterday it was sore all day. By the end of the day I could not walk without pain. As the pain increased I removed my shoe and sock and found a pea size knot in my foot just below the ankle joint. I went to emergency, they x-rayed and determined their were not fractures. The doc told me it was not due to the accident, but that I had a gangolin cyst. When I questioned why such a thing would just suddenly appear, he retacted his statement only slightly to say that it could be caused from a trauma, not necessarily related to a fracture. I need a clear answer on this as there are insurance companies involved. I have never fractured, sprained or in any other way injured this foot and ankle. Could this be a direct cause from my car accident?