Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

small set back -- at almost 3 months post op.

Posted by Marty on 5/09/03 at 13:54 (118186)

Some how I've either brushed the ball off my foot or the nerve that runs through there is really acting up. I can't walk heel to toe anymore where last week I was able to without mush of a limp. I worked out in the yard Saturday and really gave the foot a test and maybe did to much. I can't remember if my foot started to hard Sunday but I think it started Monday? It's pretty sore to the touch, the area is not the big pad in the ball it's on the pad adjacent my 3rd and 4th toes. These toes are the toes that have felt like they have needles stuck in the ends of them since the surgery so I'm thinking it's the nerve. Feels like I'm walking on the bone ... no padding in that area.

Other then this I'm doing real well.

Marty

Re: small set back -- at almost 3 months post op.

Sharon W on 5/09/03 at 14:24 (118187)

Marty,

OUCH! :(( If that pain in the ball of your foot continues for more than a few days, you should definitely tell your doctor about it -- even if you have to make an extra appointment. (Neuromas are a possible complication with any nerve surgery, so you do need to get it checked out.)

Of course, it may be you just over-stressed your foot by trying to do too much, and all it needs is TLC!

Good to hear from you, Marty.

Sharon
:)

Pauline on 5/09/03 at 15:02 (118193)

Marty,
You might want to check with your doctor sooner than later. Several people have posted about increased pain weeks, months and years following
their surgery.

Maybe he can catch what is happening in the bud instead of allowing it to get worse. I'm no doctor, but my guess is that you're experiencing what it's like once the main support to your foot has been cut.

There is no doubt in my mind that it definately affects other parts of your foot. Even Dr. Z has indicated this in his posts. If I were you I'd call the doctor now and get it checked out.

SteveG on 5/09/03 at 15:56 (118195)

I don't think he had a PF release - this was TTS surgery. So I don't think the main support for his foot has been cut. Not to say that this problem should not be discussed with his surgeon

Re: HI Steve small set back -- at almost 3 months post op.

Pauline on 5/09/03 at 20:16 (118207)

Steve,
It looks like he may had had both from this posting. He's got a lot to deal with if they indeed did both. I'm beginning to think only those of us on heelspurs can feel these surgical patient's pain.

incision area is warm to the touch View Thread
Posted by Marty on 5/09/03 at 08:01

I had TTS/PF release about 3 months ago and the incision areas are warmer to the touch then the rest of my body. Is this normal?

marty

Re: HI Steve small set back -- at almost 3 months post op.

SteveG on 5/09/03 at 21:03 (118210)

Pauline - yep, you're right - he should have this looked at pronto

Re: Thanks for the input!

Marty on 5/11/03 at 10:55 (118301)

I do go in to see the pod this Thursday. I was scheduled in to see him last week but he moved it on me. Bummer.

I did have both PF/TTS release about 3 months ago, and had all of the medial fibers released so I'm thinking it's either to much stress on the remaining fibers, to much to soon, of that perineal nerve the ends up in your toes in inflamed. Peripheral Neuropathy is a nasty thing so I hope it not that.

It's feeling a bit better, I have been wrapping my foot with an ace bandage, seem to be giving extra support. I did bring this up with the pod last time I was in, a month ago and he said it was the nerve and would get better. We shall talk again, with a little more concern this time!

Thanks for the input!

Marty

marie on 5/11/03 at 11:21 (118311)

Marty,

Take care of yourself. The spring weather has us all excited about working in the yard. I hope your doctor will have some solutions for you.

Keep your spirits up!

marie

Marty on 5/12/03 at 09:37 (118399)

Thanks Marie. Your right about the weather! It's killing me. We don't have a real big window here in salt lake city, so I want to get out in this spring weather!!!

dave r on 5/13/03 at 07:23 (118507)

Marty, you and I had surgery almost on the same day. My surgery site has completely healed. i wonder if it is talking longer for your tts surgery to heal since the incision site was so long?

Re: dave

Marty on 5/15/03 at 12:52 (118853)

Dave,

Do you notice any heat around your incision area? How the Achilles doing?

Re: dave

dave r on 5/15/03 at 13:06 (118856)

Marty, i dont have any warm sensations around my incision area. My achilles still bothers me alot. i just started rehab for it. I will give this some time to get better. Otherwise i will get that operated on too. Its always something isnt it! I am doing well since i had surgery. I would rate my surgery as 9 on a scale from 1 to 10. My pain is gone. It really does feel fine. I dont have any bruese type pain or any of that nerve type pain. But, i do have trouble dorsifexing my foot. I cant bend my foot very much because of my week achilles. My foot still is stiff. Now that i am more active i am noticing how unflexable i really am. I am sure that it may take a very long time to become somewhat normal. I have had pf so bad for so long that i am not active anymore. I refuse to push myself. I am still taking it easy. Little by little i guess.....