Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

arch support _Good feet?

Posted by jeff h. on 5/09/03 at 14:37 (118190)

Hi just interested in how the Power step is compared with the arch supports from GoodFeet.com === i have a pair of leather deluxe arch inserts 3/4 and they seem to work pretty good in correcting some Heel pains from softball play-- Thanks for any insight --m they cost me about 260.00 for goodfeet--- Jeff

Re: arch support _Good feet?

Dr. David S. Wander on 5/09/03 at 19:26 (118203)

I personally have a significant problem with the Good Feet products. Although the products may be satisfactory, charging $260.00 for a non custom, over-the-counter product is beyond my belief. In my experience, patients are rarely 'sold' the lesser expensive products at these stores and to charge that kind of money for an off the shelf product is not justified. I am a very strong advocate of PowerSteps and think that these are a great product. I use these products a lot in my office for patients that can't afford custom orthoses or patients that I don't think need custom orthoses. I often use PowerSteps prior to recommending custom orthoses, and the majority of the patients that use the PowerSteps don't end up needing a custom device. I would recommend the PowerSteps over any product from the Good Feet store, especially when considering the cost of the PowerSteps to be less than $40.00.

BGCPed on 5/10/03 at 23:42 (118277)

2x that,I wouldnt buy anything from the goodfeet people. There is no justification for a device that is off the shelf injection molded to cost more than $40. It is smoke and mirrors.

Richard, C.Ped on 5/12/03 at 08:57 (118392)

$260? man o man. I have been told that my price is to high by people that have had insurance cover the orthtics and nothing comes out of their pocket.

I agree with you guys. I also think that the C.Ped they have in their advertisements is a total sell out.
Richard...trying not to slip on the snake oil...C.Ped