Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

DOES THE PAIN RELIEF SOME EXPERIENCE LAST WITH ESWT?

Posted by BARRY on 5/11/03 at 09:16 (118294)

SOME MEMBERS OF THIS MESSAGE BOARD HAVE HAD SUCCESS WITH ESWT AND MANY HAVE NOT. I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHAT % DO HAVE SUCCESS AND OF THOSE, HOW LONG THE RELEIF HAS LASTED AND WHAT % HAVE HAD REOCCURANCE OF PAIN? I AM THINKING OF HAVING IT DONE SOON! THANK YOU. BARRY

Re: DOES THE PAIN RELIEF SOME EXPERIENCE LAST WITH ESWT?

Dr. Z on 5/11/03 at 17:25 (118341)

Here is what I can tell you about this subject. ESWT is a repairing process with permanent cure possible We have many patients that are post-eswt times three years without any pain period. I believe if you go to the site for the international society for shockwave therapy there is a paper that addresses this very question
It is written by Dr. Odgen. I don't remember the percentage of re-occurence but it was low. So take a look at this site/paper The link is on the ESWT section of heelspurs.com.

Re: DOES THE PAIN RELIEF SOME EXPERIENCE LAST WITH ESWT?

Ed Davis, DPM on 5/12/03 at 19:03 (118470)

Barry:
The recurrence rate after ESWT is low but I would encourage one pay attention to any biomechanical causes of PF that may be unresolved to lessen the chance of recurrence.
Ed