Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Tornado's

Posted by Bev on 5/12/03 at 08:27 (118388)

Suzanne,
I was watching where there were sme4's in Kentucky. Don't you live in Kentucky? Are you in the beautiful Smokey Mt. area? Were you in the area of any of the bad weather? Kentucky is such beautiful country :), we love driving through there on the way to Alabama :).

Re: Tornado's

Suzanne D on 5/12/03 at 14:14 (118428)

Yes, Bev, I live in Kentucky - in Hardin County - home of Ft. Knox, and one of the largest counties in Kentucky. We are located in north central Kentucky. I grew up in the more southern part of the state, near the edge of the Appalachain Mountain area.

A sme4 came through an area of my county about 20 miles from where I live Saturday night. One of the children at our church was at her father's home and woke up to the infamous 'train noise'. Her father saw the sme4 across the road as they hurried to the basement. They lost two barns, but their home was undamaged. The paper is full of pictures today of the damage. It always amazes me what a sme4 can do!

Suzanne :)

Bev on 5/12/03 at 14:28 (118435)

Suzanne'
I am glad you and yours are all okay. My sister and I talked every day during that weather as I was so worried for her in northern Alabama. Indiana and all of you ,I was worried for you all. I pray all is well for everyone. It is so icky and cold here :( Wish it would warm up. :)

Carole C in NOLA on 5/12/03 at 14:46 (118439)

How scary! I'm glad that you and your family are all right. Tornados can be so devastating. I'm glad the children's father's home was spared! And thank goodness, if the weathermen are right we have come to an end of all these sme4s.

Carole C

Bev on 5/12/03 at 17:59 (118460)

Suzanne,
We stayed in Elizabethtown a few times on the way to my sisters ,really pretty country . Drove to Ft. Knox once, but they were not giving out any samples :) We will be heading that way again in a few weeks. I hope the weird weather settles down by then. We did the long Smoky Mt. drive one year and that was a lovely trip ,we took our time and had a great time, such a great country we have :D

Re: Tornado's here in TN.

carmen h on 5/12/03 at 19:52 (118477)

You may have seen the news...22 counties in Tenn. were declared federal disaster areas.
We spent every night last week except two in the closet with the tv on. One of the sme4s crossed the interstate 1/8 of a mile from my neighborhood entrance.
eek.

Bev-the smokey mtns are in TN. but about 6 hours from where I live in Gatlinburg TN. by KNoxville.

SO glad the weather is OVER....me and my FIVE animals in the closet were getting tight.
:)

Suzanne D on 5/13/03 at 07:24 (118508)

So GLAD you're o.k., Carmen!!

Take care,
Suzanne :)

Bev on 5/13/03 at 07:46 (118511)

Carmen,
I know, that is where we took the Smokey Mt. trip, another Neurontin(Topamax) momenent (we traveled all around the area years ago). I can't get over how this medicine takes my brain power away, how do you teachers work and take meds? I am soooo spacey, I can't even remember the day of the week . Of course I have my little grandson on my lap and he is tryong to 'help' me, so there is some distraction I can blame it on too , haha.I know Tenn. is really hard hit too. You must have been ssooo scared, my sister has spent her share of days in the bathtub hiding also with her pets too.Her husband refuses to go in there, he just stays in the den and watches TV. Her best friends were flooded out last week, so very sad. You live in a nice area, we have been there a few times to visit (who hasn't :) ). Have a nice day :)

Sharon W on 5/13/03 at 17:53 (118598)

It is a record number of Tornados -- 412. (They just said so on the evening news...) Interesting, huh?

Sharon
:o