Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

uncertain heel spurs

Posted by scott f. on 5/12/03 at 08:41 (118389)

i have been reading up on heel spurs for worry that i may have it too. but i have not noticed any mention of pain at the back of the heel, about half an inch up the heel when foot is placed flat, which is what i've been feeling pain. i've first noticed it about 5 years ago, i'll be 27 soon, and it mostly consiisted being unable to put my full body weight on my feet after sitting or laying down. i countered this pain i had by walking on my toes when getting up until the pain in my heel would subside enough so that i could walk normal. at first this would only occur 2-3 times a month. but it's been within the past two months that this pain occurs nearly every day. i do alot of standing and walking at the grocery store where i've worked for the past 8 years and wonder if that could be the instigator. any ideas?

Re: uncertain heel spurs

Ed Davis, DPM on 5/12/03 at 13:52 (118418)

You have described symptoms that may be consistent with plantar fasciitis.
Take the time to read Scott's (the Scott who runs the site) Heel Pain Book in order to understand the problem better. Also consider seeking the help of a professional.