Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Foot Pain during exercise

Posted by Don Keough on 5/12/03 at 12:26 (118412)

I deal with foot pain constantly and after speaking with my doctor it was suggested to use heel cups. I must admit, my normal daily ache disappeared, but it does nothing for the pain I endure to exercise. If I use an eliptical trainer (which I love) my feet suffer tremendously. The pain runs from the heel along the bottom outside subsiding as it reaches the pad prior to my little tow. My left foot being much worse than my right. I find that slowing down helps and reversing helps, but sometimes the pain is unbearable. It seems that it is knotting and needs streched. I can walk a treadmill at the maximum angle, ride a bike, but stair steppers start the foot pains. I would like to know if this is somewhat common and is there a different support I can use. I have already tried many types of shoes, except specially made which I can not afford.

Re: Foot Pain during exercise

Linda R on 5/13/03 at 07:37 (118510)

I have a burning pain on the inside of my left foot in the heel area. I was wondering if this was a heel spur? It is not on the bottom of my foot at all. I does hurt when I stretch my foot on an angle. Can you give me some direction? thanks Linda

Re: Foot Pain during exercise

Don Keough on 5/13/03 at 08:48 (118517)

I would love to help you out, but I am like you a person with foot pain that placed a message in hopes of getting some guidance. When you place your question, do not do a 'response', there is another place for you to just ask your questions.

I was reading some of the other statements on this link and one leads to a booklet that speaks directly about heel spurs and even when they are located by percentage. Maybe that will help you out. Good luck on the foot pain solution quest.