Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

left heel pain

Posted by Jan on 5/12/03 at 15:58 (118447)

Hi

I have started having pain in my left heel that feels like a stone bruise when I walk on it. When I get up a night or morning I have to hold on to something to walk until I get use to the pain.

I am a dancer, I teach clog dancing. I use my heel a lot in the routines. Could this just be a bruised heel, or something more serious?

Thanks,
Jan

Re: left heel pain

Dr. Z on 5/12/03 at 16:10 (118449)

Hi

Did you injury your foot? Your dancing etc are repetitive activities which can and do cause you exact type of pain. This is typical plantar fasciitis and or bursitis. You first need to educate yourself with this condition by reading the heel pain book presented on this web site. Early treatment is very important. Limping is bad and can cause other lower extremity joint problem. It is time to see a doctor for a professional evaluation .

Re: left heel pain

Jan on 5/12/03 at 16:51 (118450)

I haven't injured the heel to my knowledge but I dance for 2 and a half hours twice a week and my shoes have taps on the toe and heel and I use the heel a lot to hit the floor to make a sound. Jan