Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

recovery time.

Posted by Marty on 5/12/03 at 17:59 (118459)

3 months ago I had tts and pf release, before the surgery I had mainly burning pains. Now my 3rd, 4th toes along with the ball of my foot adjacent those toes hurt. I can't walk heel to toe any more, a week ago I pretty much could with just a little limp. Is this some sort of a neuroma coming on or is this a normal process in the recovery process? How long does it take to heal from these surgeries?

marty

Re: recovery time.

Pauline on 5/12/03 at 20:10 (118478)

Marty,
I'm certainly not a doctor and I know you realize no one can make an accurate diagnosis via the internet. If I were you I'd get in to see your doctor ASAP and have him look at your foot. There have been many other posters on the surgery board who reported similar pain following their P.F. surgery and it appears related to lateral comumn destabilization of the foot.

From the study that Elliot posted this seems like a very common occurance following P.F. surgery. The sooner your seen you'll get a diagnosis, hopefully some relief and possibly avoid additional problems. Why not call him tomorrow?

BrianG on 5/13/03 at 12:20 (118537)

Hi Marty,

Have you seen a Neurologist since your surgery? If you are developing something like RSD, it's best treated early.
I hope thats not the case!

Regards
BrianG, not a doc

Terry Z on 5/13/03 at 16:02 (118580)

Marty,
We have the exact problem but I have two Morton's neuromas 2-3 and 3-4. In fact I couldn't walk heel to toe because of them, I just got orthotics and my therapist is working very hard with me tring to teach my foot again the proper way to walk. I was walking on the outside of foot to avoid the pain. I've been in therapy for seventeen months and it would be nice too just get on with life. I have a way to go but for now I think it's helping. It seems like these foot problems never end. I also have had my share of problems with RSD but this doesn't sound like your problem. Unless your getting all the color and temp changes.... are you?
Terry