Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

feeling post surgery pain after 4 months

Posted by Lauren M on 5/12/03 at 19:40 (118474)

I had surgery in Jan 2003 where the doc shaved the spur in my left foot and released the facia. It is May and I can only walk for about 45 min on that foot. Tt is always sore and I have tendonitis in the ankle. The doc which I still see every 3 weeks was surprised that it was still sore in the AM and enflamed at this point. He didn't have much else to say accept that it usually takes 6 months for the surgery to fully heal the foot. Is this correct? Seems like an awfully long time. He just mentioned a TENS machine. Has anyone had luck with this? I have devloped a heal spur on the right foot now, because I've been leaning on it so much, since the left foot still hurts!! My doctor is in NJ. Can anyone reccomend a great NJ Podiatrist they've been using. Any advice would help....

Thanks

Re: feeling post surgery pain after 4 months

Ed Davis, DPM on 5/12/03 at 20:41 (118481)

Lauren:
Dr. Z who posts regularly on this site practices in New Jersey. He has done ESWT after plantar fascial releases. I am not sure how long after surgery he feels one must wait before doing ESWT.
Ed

Dr. Z on 5/12/03 at 22:10 (118489)

Hi
I have performed ESWT on patients post four months that still have pain at the insertional plantar fascia area. IF you want Dr. Z to either take a look at this or want to speak with Dr. Z call 1-856-848-3338. I hope this is helpful to you. I can even have you speak with patients that were in your same situation

Lauren M on 5/15/03 at 13:58 (118866)

I would love to meet with Dr. Z, but when I called his office, I discovered
that he is 2 hours from me!! I would love to do the ESWT, but my insurance does not cover it and as I have heard there is no guarantee it will work. I would love to talk to other patients in my situation. Is it possible the spur/plantat facitis will get better on my right foot, as my left foot (the one I had surgery on) gets better or do you think I may need surgery on that one too? Is it normal for the left foot to take 6
months to a year to heal? Do you think wearing heal cups with my orthodics
with help with the pain? Do you think using a TENS machine will make a
great difference?

Thank you,

Lauren Markon

Dr. Z on 5/15/03 at 15:05 (118880)

Hi

I am the podiatric medical director for a large group of board certified
podiatrist. Call our main office at 1-856-769-8270 and ask them to give you a referral for one of our doctors in your area. We have over twenty in New Jersey. Ask them for a reference for one of my patients that had ESWT post pf surgery.

Dr. Z