Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

FootSmart.com

Posted by Dorothy C. on 5/13/03 at 17:32 (118590)

Do any of you have any experience with this company - FootSmart.com??

Also there is a website for socks that have knitted-in arch support that is called 'Blue Chip Socks Golfing Buddies...'. I am unfamiliar w/this company altogether but found their socks of interest.

Any good or horror stories about either of these companies that carry foot care/foot health/foot treatment (and other body parts in the case of FootSmart.com) products??

Thank you.
Dorothy

Re: FootSmart.com

Christine B. on 5/14/03 at 11:23 (118692)

I have ordered the 3/4 length orthodics from this company. The orthodics are made by ArchCrafters (which received a good review that I read in a technical magazine). Unfortunately, the process takes a long time - I ordered the mold on April 11 and I am still waiting for the orthodics. When I called FootSmart to check the status of my order, they told me ArchCrafters was behind and they (FootSmart) are pushing them as much as they can. When I get the insoles, I'll post another message and let you know what I think.

Richard, C.Ped on 5/14/03 at 12:11 (118702)

Dorothy...
After reading about their orthotics, I have to be honest and say that I do not think that is the best way to go. I totally disagree with companies that have you take your own impression. Their site tells you to step in the box for your impression. If you have read anything I have written about this, this is totally the wrong way to get an impression. Even if you sit in a chair and push your foot in the box, it will still get and inaccurate impression.

When you stand to get the impression, you are not able to get your foot in the proper neutral or as close to neutral as you should be. If you sit and push your own foot into the box, it is causing the muscles to flex on the bottom of your feet. This will ruin the impression. Many times this will create a hollow area just behind the met heads and you can not get a proper orthosis from that.
Richard

BGCPed on 5/14/03 at 20:39 (118776)

I 2x that Richard. Taking your own impression is not the best way. I hope they work ok for you

Dorothy C. on 5/21/03 at 01:27 (119466)

Since this post, I have ordered and received order from FootSmart.com and found everything to have gone very well so far. It seems to be a very good resource for products related to foot, etc. matters. For those of you looking for an online (also have a print catalog) source for a wide variety of products that are sometimes hard to find and what seem to be good prices, this one seems to be pretty good. You may all know about this already, but I am fairly new to this whole issue.