Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Shoe Question

Posted by Dorothy C. on 5/13/03 at 17:34 (118592)

Sorry - I forgot to ask this with my previous question:
Do any of you have any experience with shoes called Modellisto?
They have a footbed made of the 'memory foam' (like TempurPedic) that seems to be the same footbed of the VERY expensive Taryn Rose brand.

If you know, are the Modellisto narrow, for example, compared to Dansko??
And, if you know, how does the 'memory foam' hold up??

Thank you.

Re: Shoe Question

BGCPed on 5/13/03 at 21:39 (118633)

Do you mean Mephisto? they have a runner/faom type material that is ok for cushion. If thet is the brand you do better for less money. They are expensive and a bit too flexible for many foot issues. They are nice looking and for people with little to no probs they are ok.

Dorothy C. on 5/14/03 at 00:48 (118651)

Thank you for your response. I am familiar with Mephisto, having seen them for sale and you are so right that they are very expensive. That's not for me. No, the brand name that I have asked about is actually called Modellisto (I may be slightly off in the spelling - maybe one 'l' rather than two - but otherwise that's the name) and it has the TempurPedic type material in the footbed as the insole. I have seen them for sale, but never in person and never have tried them on. I am very curious about that 'memory foam' being used as an insole.
Thanks again for the good guess!

john h on 5/14/03 at 14:33 (118728)

BG: I have a pair of the Mephisto sandals and they are a little more flexable than the Birks but they do have an excellent bed conforming to the foot. They also have a little more lift on the heel which I like. Not all their sandals have the orthotic type bed so one must look at their many types. They do make them for the ladies also and yes they are expensive. I think their website is http://www.mephisto.com .

BGCPed on 5/14/03 at 20:37 (118775)

Thats right John, the birls have a negative heel and the mephisto is higher. Many people prefer the extra lift for more cushion and it relieves some tension on tight heel cords

Rachael T. on 5/14/03 at 22:11 (118786)

See qvc.com for the Modellisto Shoes!

Jina on 10/18/07 at 11:54 (237997)

I wear modellisto shoes as an ER nurse. They are not narrow like dansko shoes. Much more comfortable. Tempur-pedic holds up great and molds to your foot. The only brand I would buy now. Hope this helps.