Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Computer question

Posted by Necee on 5/15/03 at 01:09 (118795)

Got a question.....I realized I still have so much to learn about computers.
How on earth do you underline a word? I've tried the way I was taught in typing class many years ago, (hold down the shift key and then the _key, I've tried it that way, and it doesn't work. HELP!

Happy trails....


Re: Computer question

Kathy G on 5/15/03 at 09:45 (118826)

Good question, Necee! Do you mean on these Boards? I only know how to do it with programs like AOL and Microsoft Works and Word. On those, you highlight the word, right click and choose underline. Or you can highlight the word and choose the underline function from the taskbar above. You can't do that on these boards and you're right, the shift key and underline key don't work. I have no idea.

Maybe we have some computer wizards out there who know how!!

Re: Computer question *Help*

Necee on 5/15/03 at 13:58 (118867)

I've tried Microsoft Works and Word, by doing what you said...there is no underline command from either task bar.
Ok all you smart folks in cyber space, help us out here.....say if I'm sending a message via email, and I want to underline something, how on earth do I do that?

Happy trails....


Re: Computer question *Help*

marie on 5/15/03 at 19:08 (118917)


Look at the toolbar that is at the top of the page in Microsoft Word. You will see a B for Bold an I for italic and a U with a line under it. That is the underline button. Select the word you want underlined and and clik on the U.

Hope that helps.


Re: Computer question *Help*

Kathy G on 5/16/03 at 08:58 (118955)

That was a much better response than mine, Marie. Easy to tell which of us is a teacher!