Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Wheatgrass and PF

Posted by Dr. Chris Reynolds on 5/15/03 at 04:21 (118799)

Hello Everyone!
I haven't been here in a long time, but it's nice to be back. A number of people have kept in touch and I really appreciate that.
If you recall, I ran a PF pilot study using Jade a couple of years ago. Well I have at last posted the results on my personal website at http://www.wheatgrassprofessional.info/pf_pilot.htm
if anyone would like to take a look.
This small study has led to a Melbourne university running a double-blind trial commencing in the next couple of months.
One reason I have not been back is that the Jade people had a few problems staying in business, so I decided to produce my own products. Like the Jade, they are based on wheatgrass as the biological active.
If you would like more information about what we have to offer, not just for PF, but for some other conditions as well(we have a spray and a cream, both equally as effective) please take a look at our website at http://www.wheatgrassactive.com
All the best
Dr. Chris Reynolds.
Melbourne, Australia.

Re: Wheatgrass and PF

Ed Davis, DPM on 5/15/03 at 22:14 (118929)

Dr. Chris:
Have you tried the wheatgrass compound on tendinopathies other than PF?
Ed

Dr. Chris Reynolds on 5/17/03 at 03:30 (119076)

Yes, it's helped a few patients with Achilles tendinitis, but not many, because I don't see this problem very often. Where it can help quite a lot is with patello-femoral syndrome. I get this myself from time to time, and when it flares I apply the wheatgrass cream and it invariably settles down within an hour or two. It's not a cure, but a symptomatic treatment which can be very effective. My wife also gets a mild PF which recurs from time to time. She finds it settles her symptoms in about 15 minutes after one application. Just makes life a bit more comfortable.
Kind regards,
Dr. Chris Reynolds.

Pauline on 5/17/03 at 12:21 (119096)

Hi Dr. Reynolds,
Thanks for the update. From the looks of your pilot study lots of folks here got good results from the Jade Cream.

I switched to your new cream a while back and still continue to use it. As I've posted in the past, it helped me a great deal. Actually I'm almost superstitious about it---afraid to stop using the stuff.

I have also used it for other conditions as well, like burns and I also put a little on my cat's ear. It's just good stuff.

I'd be interested in the results from the Melbourne Univ. study. Please keep us posted when the results are published.

Thanks again for the cream.

john h on 5/17/03 at 12:48 (119100)

Keep using that stuff Pauline. I think it improves your disposition. I am on my last dab of Jade as I had bought several tubes before the good Dotor disappeared. I will give his new product a try. Never thought about using it on my cat's. Maybe it will make the one that keeps biting me on the calf imnprove it's disposition. I have also used it for small bites and scrapes. Maybe I should slip a little into my wifes tea to see what it might do for her.

Bev on 5/17/03 at 13:06 (119106)

Pauline,
What is the Jade cream for and for what conditions does it help? I remember way back it was mentioned but memory forgot (old age again, or neurontin):-/

Pauline on 5/17/03 at 13:46 (119108)

Bev,
It's a cream brought to this website by Dr. Reynolds. He is a physician in Australia. Several people on the site participated in his pilot study.
I was away when the study started, but contacted Dr. Reynolds and purchased the cream. Those in the study got their product free. I've been using it ever since.

You can check his web site. When I got the cream an information sheet was also included. It can be used for many things burns, cuts, scratches, sunburn, chapped lips, hemorrhoids and others things.

I have used it on burns, sunburns and I did put it on my cats ear when he got scratched.

After reading Dr. Reynolds initial post on heelspurs, I wanted to make sure he was for real so I did some investigations on my own and indeed he was and is a physician in Australia. I also contacted a company to investigate the safty of the ingredients listed on Dr. Reynolds product since I didn't know anything about them. They reasurred me (at my own expense) that the product was safe to use.

Maybe I go overboard, but lots of people come to heelspurs selling their wares. I just wanted to know for sure who he was and the product was safe.

Some people were helped by his cream, others got no results as shown in his study he posted.

As I said I was helped and still use the stuff on a regular basis as well as using it on other things.

Pauline on 5/17/03 at 17:24 (119129)

John,
I understand there is a liquid for drinking. I've not tried it. I know people drink Aloe too.

Dr. Chris Reynolds on 5/20/03 at 06:32 (119347)

Bev, If you look at my website http://www.wheatgrassprofessional.info you will find many conditions where the wheatgrass cream can be useful, including PF. It is every bit as effective as Jade which is no longer available.