Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Marie's brother

Posted by Sharon W on 5/15/03 at 07:20 (118804)

Marie's brother, the one with MS, is having surgery on his eyes today to restore his sight.

Please, any of you who read this, take a moment for a little prayer or pause to send some good wishes his way...

Sharon
:)

Re: Marie's brother

Suzanne D on 5/15/03 at 09:06 (118819)

I will be keeping him in my thoughts and prayers today. [-o< Among the many good things we take for granted each day, I'm sure sight is one of the most precious.

Marie, I wish him the best outcome from his surgery.

Suzanne :)

Kathy G on 5/15/03 at 10:20 (118835)

I will keep him and his family in my thoughts and prayers.

Thanks for remembering, Sharon!

Necee on 5/15/03 at 13:31 (118860)

Thanks for sharing the news about Marie's brother. He will be in my prayers, as well as the rest of his family, as they cope with his illness.
I hope and pray that the surgery is a success.

Happy trails...

Necee

Re: My brother is doing well! Thanks!

marie on 5/15/03 at 16:23 (118897)

I was on a field trip today with 45 kids. We went to the Toledo Art Museum. I just spoke to my sister and my brother is home and asleep. When he got home he ate a bowl of ice cream, cookies, two tootsie rolls and a tootsie pop. Obviously the surgery didn't affect his sweet tooth The cornea transplant went as well as it could go. The cornea came from a 17 year old boy from Texas. It will be 2-3 mos. possibly longer before we know if it worked. It just depends upon how badly his MS has affected his optic nerves. They did one eye today. If it doesn't work they won't do the other eye.

Thank you so much for your thoughts and prayers...my brother wanted me to let you know how much he appreciated the kindeness you folks have dispalyed here and he doesn't even know you.

He hopes that you all are rooting for Clay on American Idol!

later, marie

Sharon W on 5/15/03 at 22:47 (118931)

Marie,

I guess a good appetite is a positive sign!

Please keep us posted; I'm sure there are many of us who are concerned.

Sharon

JudyS on 5/16/03 at 12:35 (118987)

Ah Marie - I see that your brother has read my exclusive diet book :)
Good news that he is doing well.

Re: Glad to hear that! (eom)

Suzanne D on 5/16/03 at 14:28 (119017)

Re: MS walk

marie on 5/16/03 at 15:25 (119026)

Well tommorow I am walking in the MS walk and so is my hubby. I have no goal in mind I will walk as far as I feel comfortable....dang this low pressure system.

I will bring with me all the warm sentiments from this board.

John, if your reading this I hope to hear that some day you may walk for MS. Thank you!

marie

john h on 5/16/03 at 15:53 (119028)

Marie it is walk or take my cats for their shots in the morning. Heavy rain is about so it may be the cats. Have a fun walk and have happy thoughts.

marie on 5/16/03 at 22:21 (119063)

Better take your cats for their shots.

Bev on 5/17/03 at 09:24 (119084)

Marie,

I am thinking about your MS walk today and sending good wishes your way :) I hope the blonde bomb and her hubby had a nice day :) Did your son walk with you too ? Was the weather nice B-) How long did your feet allow you to walk ? Maybe knowing that we were all there 'cheering you on' allowed those feet to just 'fly' , right ? I bet your brother and his friends had a 'walking' party for you to cheer you on too.