Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Went to Neuro Doctor today

Posted by Terry W. on 5/15/03 at 14:26 (118871)

First let me say to Ginny K. and Sharon, THANK YOU FOR THE SUGGESTION OF A Neuro Doctor. I never would have even thought of going to one.

My visit went GREAT!! For the first time, I did not feel like I was losing my mind. He was so nice and after examing me throughly, checking for numbness, reflexes in my legs and feet, watching me walk..etc..(everything he done today, NO other doctor had done). He says it may well be Tarsal Tunnel Syndrome, even though after he tapped on the inside of my ankle I did not have the pain go down into my foot. Anyway, next Tuesday, I am having a nerve conduction velocity test, done on my feet and ankles.

I explained to him what other doctors had told me, menopause, old age, out of shape. He told me that IS something to say, when they don't know. He told me if he didn't know, he would tell me, 'he didn't know'. I looked at him and said, 'Thank you, that means alot to me'. He said if the test was negative, he would find out what is wrong with my feet, he promised me that. Because its NOT normal to be unable to walk after being on them for awhile and in so much pain. He gave Neurontin, I am to take a 100 mg. at 5:00 p.m and 300 mg. one hour before bed. I told him that one doctor had gave me steroids and pain pills. After the bad reaction to the steroids I stopped taking them, and I have not took the first pain pill. I also told him, I couldn't understand how, if the others didn't know what is wrong, why they would prescribe something. Because I sure know IF its menopaue, you sure don't take steriods for it.

This message board has helped me soooo much. THANK YOU ALL from the bottom of my heart. God Bless all of ya'll!!!!

Re: Went to Neuro Doctor today

Pauline on 5/15/03 at 16:05 (118891)

Gooooooooood Luck Terry. Hope he figures it out for you. You certainly deserve better results than you've been getting. Your on my prayer list that this man can help you.

Re: Went to Neuro Doctor today

Dot B on 5/24/03 at 03:09 (119798)

Teery, I'm glad you found a good neuro. Laura went to the 'best' one around here and he just said she was just a drug addict and needed a fix. I guess it pays to keep loking. Dot B.