Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Ankle questions

Posted by Ashley R. on 5/16/03 at 23:26 (119070)

Everything started in December when I sprained my ankle. I didn't go to the doctor because I thought it was just a sprain, which it was. Then my other foot started hurting and the sprained still wasn't healed so I went to the doctor and he perscribed Physical therapy. I did that for 3 weeks then sprained the same ankle again. This time I wento to he doctor and he prescribed another 4 weeks of physical therapy. It has been two weeks since I finished that Physical therapy and I fell again and sprained my ankle for the third time along with a fracture. However, its not that bad. I'm in an aircast and the pain isn't bad. The doctor said 4 weeks of pretty much nothing then come back. I asked him about physical therapy and he said that I probably won't need it. But, I feel as if with out the physical therapy my ankle won't be as strong and I have a very high chance of spraining it again, which I don't want to do. Should I have physical therapy again? Or is the rest enough for the ankle to heal?
Thanx for your help.