Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Home Run..!

Posted by JudyS on 5/17/03 at 20:39 (119150)

it's such a rare occurance that I thought I'd brag about the homer I hit today......tied up the game.......went on to win.. Yippee! :) :) :)

Re: Home Run..!

Carole C in NOLA on 5/17/03 at 22:27 (119158)

Judy,

Congratulations! Wow! A home run! That's the kind of thing that acute PF sufferers dream of doing one day. Perhaps you did too, and now you have done it. :)

Carole C

Kathy G on 5/18/03 at 10:19 (119173)

Way to go, Judy! It's impressive enough to hit a home run. To have PF and hit a homer is mind boggling! Good for you! Congratulations!:)

Sharon W on 5/18/03 at 10:29 (119175)

Judy,

Good for you!! That's quite an achievement. I'll bet it made you feel wonderful!

Sharon

marie on 5/18/03 at 11:19 (119180)

Oh Judy, that's so cool! B-) What an exciting moment! I bet you'll remember it forever!!!!!HURRAY! Go Judy, Go Judy, Go Judy, Go Judy!

marie

JudyS on 5/18/03 at 11:29 (119184)

Thanks for your kudos everybody! I'm milkin' the HR pretty good around here.....:)

Suzanne D on 5/21/03 at 06:54 (119472)

What a victory, Judy! Congratulations! =D>

I'll never forget 4th grade when the teacher wanted us to play ball at recess one day. I had NEVER played before (no PE in school then), and I literally didn't have a CLUE how to play. Of course I was first up to bat. By some miracle, I hit the third ball pitched to me and then didn't even know where to run! (I know this sounds ridiculous, but I really didn't!) The other team 'kindly' pointed to third base, seeing my confused look, and I was so proud to get there without being tagged! Of course the opposing side collapsed with laughter, and my team screamed at me. I was mortified!

That bad memory has turned into a good thing, though. Through the years of teaching, I have had numerous occasions to tell it when a student was embarassed about not doing well in PE. Of course my experience has always been more humiliating than whatever they have been upset about, so they feel better. And the rest of the class always laughs and then feels bad for me which makes a good opportunity to talk to them about everyone having their strengths and things that are hard for them, not making fun of someone who isn't good at something, etc. So, in the long run, it has proved to be a good thing.

But I still don't like to watch a baseball game to this day! :)

Suzanne :)

JudyS on 5/21/03 at 12:04 (119510)

Welcome back, Suzanne :) It sounds as though your trip was very rewarding. You may remember that I was in NYC in early March but alas, I didn't go to the Statue of Liberty because the weather was really horrible the day we were going to go. However I was there years ago and I distinctly remember the sense of awe I got when I gazed up at the statue. Good for you !
P.S. No worries, my friend, I play, and love, enough baseball for the both of us!