Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Plantar Fasciitis caused by accident.

Posted by Linda Corby on 5/18/03 at 02:38 (119166)

I have been searching the web to find out how my accident caused my Plantar Fasciitis.
I had a very nasty fall on hard stairs. I slammed my foot down to stop myself falling. My foot slipped and sliced along a metal strip on the stairs. Painfull would be an understatment.
I had no previous symtems of Plantar Fasciitis before this accident, yet everything I can find on the net says it is a condition that comes on over time, in my case I know this wasn't the case, and I would like your advice on how to find the evidence to prove it,as it keeps coming back as soon as I start trying to do a normal amount of walking, can you help? Thank you, Linda

Re: Plantar Fasciitis caused by accident.

Dr. Z on 5/18/03 at 07:59 (119167)

Is you doctor saying that there is no relationship between your accident and your present pf. Yes it does come over time including time after the accident.

Re: Plantar Fasciitis caused by accident.

michelleF on 5/28/03 at 09:51 (120130)

I ruptured my plantar fascia playing basketball. Although I had many of the contributing factors to PF: high arches, overweight, increased activity... before the rupture I did not have PF, now my feet are always bothering me. I heard a pop, and my foot immediately started swelling up and turned black and blue all along the PF ligament and my ankle. I'm seeing a podiatrist once a week and getting cortisone shots that do seem to help.

I'd definitely seek medical attention and if the doctor doesn't listen go to someone else.

Good luck,
Michelle