Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Tarsal Tunnel and Neurontin

Posted by Terri on 5/18/03 at 18:46 (119206)

I have been diagnoised with TTS. And recently was told that RSD was suspected. The doctor wanted me to be on Methadone, and Neurontin. I couldn't handle taking Methadone, it scared me too much. I just really don't want to get addicted to anything like that, and didn't like the way it made me feel. Neurontin was ok, since I was just taking it at night. The doctor wanted to do a gradual increase of the dosage. I started out with 100mil and went got up to 500mil taking them only at night. Then one morning I woke up feeling so dizzy I couldn't walk. I tried to walk very slow and would just bounce off the walks, it was very scarey. Then after a while I got a massive bloody nose. A little bit after that I started feeling better. Could this of happened from the neurontin? I stopped taking the Neurontin for a week and now am trying again. Is there anything else that can be done. Is there any other pain meds that will work with nerve pain? That is not addicting? Thanks, Terri