Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

High arches and PF

Posted by Lynn B on 5/19/03 at 08:03 (119243)

I have had PF since January and tried Vioxx from MD and heel lifts which didn't do much good and then I found this website and have been stretching etc which does help. I have abnormally high arches with skinny ankles and was wondering what shoes the Dr recommends would be the best for me to wear with the Powerstep inserts. Any help would be appreciated as I now feel like a shut in

Re: High arches and PF

BGCPed on 5/19/03 at 10:53 (119282)

go to a running store and get a pair of new balance 879. It is a running shoe that is made for that foot type. They are sl-2 last which means they run a bit big in the forefoot. Typical cavus foot has a wider forefoot and narrow heel. Have the person at the running store show you how to lace them to control heel slip.

I would go to that or similar shoe at least for the early on time. If you keep wearing easy spirt, rockport and other similar poor support shoes you wont do as well

Lynn B on 5/20/03 at 11:29 (119372)

thank you thank you. The NB 879 have given me a lot of relief without the inserts. The pain still comes and goes but is not as acute.

BGCPed on 5/20/03 at 16:48 (119408)

No problem glad they helped. Try to wear them in the house also till you get pain under control