Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Tonight is the big night on American Idol!

Posted by marie on 5/20/03 at 07:39 (119349)

Ok.....who's it going to be? I know they will both do a fabulous job. I am for Clay....but I may be a little bias because he's a teacher.

marie

Re: Tonight is the big night on American Idol!

Sharon W on 5/20/03 at 10:08 (119368)

Marie,

He teaches handicapped or disadvantaged kids, something like that -- doesn't he? I'll bet he's a really nice guy in 'real life'. Did you see that American Idol show last night? He seemed kind of freaked out that that fan they brought up there for a hug knew so much about him... That WOULD be pretty creepy, I think, to have complete strangers memorizing all those personal details about you like that. I wonder how they find out all that kind of stuff, anyway?? ...Teen idol magazines, maybe? :-?

Anyway, I'm rooting for Clay too; I like the idol of a 'nice guy' finishing FIRST for a change!

Sharon
%%-

john h on 5/20/03 at 11:39 (119375)

While you guys are watching the silly stuff I am watching the heavy stuff like Dr. Phil. Yesterday he stated that 90% of all conflicts between husband an wife cannnot be resolved. He stated that they generally learn to live with their differences. If one does not like broccoli you are not going to change their minds. So all you wives recognize you cannot 'change' your spouse.

marie on 5/20/03 at 12:33 (119381)

Just in case you have forgotten...women have one or two things that men really want and men don't get it until we say the magic word 'yes'. ;;)

john h on 5/20/03 at 13:07 (119384)

Two things? You have peaked my interest Marie! My spouse has two thing that she really wants----checkbook and credit cards.

john h on 5/20/03 at 13:12 (119385)

Seems you ladies are really into this reality stuff with Clay-whoever he is. Is this some sort of escapism? I know no real man is going to watch this Clay guy when he could be watching the NBA playoffs. Clay should be watching the NBA playoff instead of prancing around on TV.

marie on 5/20/03 at 13:33 (119386)

HaHa.....guess I forgot that some women don't work...so you have one up on her. I work and have my own money. My hubby doesn't have a chance. Good thing we get along pretty well. LOL.

marie

PS We have two things men want most from us...dinner and aa clean house. What did you think I meant?

marie on 5/20/03 at 13:38 (119388)

John,

I think some of your wife's fiestiness has worn off on you. If you were looking at a million + recording contract you'd probably prance too. I live with three men and they are the ones that got me hooked. Of course we have 6 TVs so there is usually a variety of shows that can be watched all over the house. Plus you missed Josh...he is a marine that is a very good country singer. Everyone loved him. He's back with his unit now.

Clay all the way.

You may want too check it out because we'll be talking about it tomorrow as well. The voting is tommorrow night. The kid can sing!

marie

marie on 5/20/03 at 14:17 (119392)

Oh by the way we women can hold out alot longer then you guys....so believe me you'll gladly give up the credit cards and the check book after a few months. I know it works pretty darn well at my house. And yes two things...and it always works.

have a nice evening,
marie

john h on 5/20/03 at 17:16 (119413)

It could interfere with the Suprs and Mavericks playoff game. I had rather see Tim Duncan take it to the hoop than that sissy Clay guy.

john h on 5/20/03 at 17:17 (119414)

??????????????????????????????

marie on 5/20/03 at 18:05 (119421)

:))

You are making me laugh so hard......Thanks I needed that! Have fun watching your game.

I am pretty out of it when it comes to sports. My students usually keep me informed. You may want to know that two football players, a basketball player and a wrestler planted little red flowers in front of my classroom today. I usually get a bunch of big senior guys too plant flowers so none of the other guys will get all macho and start calling the kids planting flowers sissies etc.... They really are pretty cute with their little watering cans. Plus no one messes with their flowers...they'll get pounded on.

later marie

Sharon W on 5/20/03 at 22:57 (119458)

Marie,

I finally managed to get in ONE vote for Clay tonight... That line was ALWAYS busy! (I guess I should be glad everyone else was eager to vote for him, too...)

Sharon
:D

Re: We'll be watching tonight!

marie on 5/21/03 at 15:11 (119537)

Tonight is the big night. I hope that all the top 3 will have fabulous careers.

marie

Re: We'll be watching tonight!

Sharon W on 5/21/03 at 16:02 (119547)

Make that 'the top four' -- Josh is a real sweetheart, and he deserves some success too!

Sharon
:)