Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Website for BGCPed

Posted by Ed Davis, DPM on 5/20/03 at 15:36 (119397)

BG:

You will get a kick out of this one:

http://www.dumbcelebs.com/blog/index.html

Ed

Re: Website for BGCPed

BGCPed on 5/20/03 at 16:52 (119410)

Thanks for the link,thats is a good one

Max K on 5/20/03 at 23:00 (119460)

http://www.famousidiot.com/ : 'The Art of Confusing Fame with Wisdom'

Max

Ed Davis, DPM on 5/21/03 at 15:22 (119539)

Max:

I like that one even better. You have to wonder if some of the entertainers' comments come from citizens of the US, let alone citizens of this planet.

Ed

BGCPed on 5/21/03 at 18:28 (119553)

They are mostly self absorbed people that lack a real understanding of most things every day people deal with.
p.s. wasnt Alec Baldwin supposed to leave the country when Bush got elected?

Ed Davis, DPM on 5/21/03 at 20:47 (119573)

BG:

I am really sad that Alec Baldwin broke his promise.

It really is disgusting that individuals in a profession that has prospered from a political system that protects freedom of expression are working so hard to bring that same system down.

Ed

BGCPed on 5/22/03 at 19:09 (119696)

it was funny he claimed afterward he didnt say that then his ex wife said he did too. Then he said he was needed more here in the USA. He claimed he could do more by staying and fighting GWB policies rather than leaving like he claimed.

I bet in his mind he probably really thought by stating that in public some voters would say 'hhmmm if I vote for GWB Alec Baldwin will leave the country.......and I couldnt bare that so I will vote for Al Gore instead

P.S. did they find Sean Penns 2 handguns that got stolen out of his car 2 months ago?

Max K on 5/23/03 at 00:37 (119724)

Yesterday I picked up a World War II veteran in my taxi (not too many left), at Madigan Hospital on Fort Lewis. We were talking about terrorism, and he said he was in the Phillipines during WW2, fighting against (muslim) terrorists. I asked him what was the objective of the terrorists in the Phillipines, and he said he didn't know. I asked him some questions about WW2, because I wanted to hear his perspective (and because I am dreadfully uneducated about it). Then I ask him whether he thought that the current war on terror is on the right track. He responded by saying that during WW2, Hitler attacked Poland and bombed the hell out of England, and we just sat there and watched it happen. And the Japanese observed our passivity and concluded that we were easy prey, and they decided to go for it and grab themselves a chunk of land. I asked him whether Pearl Harbor silenced the appeasers, and he said, nodding: 'Pearl Harbor silenced the appeasers'.

Max

BGCPed on 5/23/03 at 06:56 (119728)

Here is a link to one of the greatest military men of all time. He had a rather interesting way to deal with the same problem we are having now. I bet he would be hated and reviled but he got the job done. I dont think this link has it but he caught about 60 radical muslims. He read the koran and learned their language. Knowing the hate they had for pork, he brought some pigs in.

I wont get into what he did but he did a few creative things to ensure they would become very familiar with the hated pork products. He let some of them escape to run back and tell what a psycho, mean guy he was and what he did with pig blood and meat. It actually put a big damper on the fighting spirit of the muslims.

He was effective and did his homework, gotta love him for that.

http://www.arlingtoncemetery.com/johnjose.htm

john h on 5/23/03 at 10:54 (119740)

BG: I was stationd in Cheyenne, Wyoming for several years. This was an old calavary base. As a matter of fact the Commisary was an old stable and had written into the brick 'Dismount and Lead In'. I lived on base in military housing. My house was occupied by General Pershing at one time (I think he was a Capitan) and there was a plaque in front. The house was three stories with three wrap around poarches. I think we had at least 6-7 bedrooms with ceilings that must have been 16 feet tall. It was heated wtih steam heat and their were food warmers in the radiators. In the large kitchen you could receive a page from each room and a number would pop up on a little board. There was a dumb waiter to all floors. Floors were all hardwood and the windows so tall we used at least three tiers of curtins on the ones we decided to cover. Circular stairways in both front an back of house. The house was set among similar homes on Staff Circle among very large oak trees. There was just me, wife and daughter. I gave my daughter three large bedrooms. If I got mad with my wife she could never find me in that house. Add to all this out the back door it was only about 50 yards to the Officer's Club. Capt or Marjor Pershing married the Governors daughter and was shortly therafter promoted to General. He sort of bypassed all the other ranks. Cheyenne is at about 7000 feet above sea level and at the base of the Rockies. Beautiful and a truly old western town. At that time it's population was around 40,000 and it was the largest city in the state. I could fly hundreds of miles in a helicopter and see nothing by antelope and cayotes.

BGCPed on 5/23/03 at 15:24 (119757)

John you always have great stories and a great memory. Let me know if you are familiar with any of the legends regarding Pershing.

Ed Davis, DPM on 5/23/03 at 16:04 (119766)

BG:

It was Pershing who brought respect for the American military in Europe. It is my understanding that when we entered WWI, the French expected that we would allow them to place our troops under their command and Pershing said 'no way.'
Ed

john h on 5/23/03 at 19:17 (119773)

BG: Wondering around that old turn of the century home in Cheyenne I sure had sense of the past. Cheyenne is one of the most windy cities in the U.S. and that old 3 store home could give out some creaks and groans on dark windy nights and your immagination could take you anywhere you wish or do not wish.I could picture parties and talks of past battles in my living room. There are a couple of other old Calvary bases still active. I think Chanute, Illinois and the base as Omaha were such. My daughter learned to ride horse as Cheyenne as we still had stables on the base. Cheyenne is also the place I encountered Darla the cute little girl that was on The Little Rascals many years ago. Darla was at the Officers Club all the time. She was much older than me but I was sort of young then so it is all a matter of perspective. We had about 30 Titan missile sites out in the plains of Wyoming buried deep in the earth. Wonder what happened to all those sites?