Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Pf symptoms caused by virus? What about colloidal silver?

Posted by Dan D. on 5/20/03 at 19:45 (119436)

I have had pf for six years and have spent most of the time on crutches.
I've tried all the treatments available except surgery and ESWT. Recently both my massage therapist and a nutritionist I know speculated that I could be dealing with a virus of some sort that has settled in the tissue.
My nutritionist gave me a bottle of collodial silver and encouraged me to take it for 3-4 weeks to kill off any possible virus. Has any of you doctors heard of pf symptoms being caused by a virus? Do you know anything about colloidal silver (is it safe?). Thanks!

Dan

Re: Pf symptoms caused by virus? What about colloidal silver?

Ed Davis, DPM on 5/20/03 at 20:04 (119437)

Dan:

There is no evidence that PF is caused by a virus. The concentration of silver in most nutraceuticals that contain collodial silver is far below toxic levels.
Ed

Dr. Z on 5/20/03 at 20:30 (119446)

Dan,

I have never heard of colloidal silver being used for pf. Six years is a very long time to have pf. It you have the classic insertional pf then ESWT is an excellence choice for resolution of your pain

Dan D. on 5/22/03 at 00:24 (119592)

Yes,I am considering ESWT. What is classic insertional pf? What is the best way to find various providers of ESWT treatment? Thanks.