Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

National Pain Care Policy Act of 2003

Posted by Sharon W on 5/22/03 at 09:06 (119611)

This bill, H.R.1863, introduced April 29, 2003 to the House of Representatives, by Congressman Mike Rogers (R-MI) is an important step forward for those of us with chronic pain. It's especially significant for those of us with foot-related nerve problems, because it recognizes how important pain treatment is in health care and acknowledges that pain is a critical and so far unanswered problem that needs to be dealt with.

Here's a link for the bill that was introduced (on Adobe Acrobat):

It's important for those of us who care about this issue to contact our congressmen and let them know how we feel.

Re: National Pain Care Policy Act of 2003

Barbara S on 5/22/03 at 22:58 (119722)

Thanks so much Sharon.

My attorney filed a disability law suit against SBC at the end of March.
SBC, naturally, denies that they fired me because of my disabilities.
One of my Doctors has read my attorney's reply and said it is very. He said that I could even end up getting back pay.
I had my Tarsel Tunnel Release April 21 2002. SBC has not paid me for over a year. Last Aug. after almost 26yrs of service they fired me for abandoning my job.
So you can bet I'll be contacting my congressmen here is Wisconsin.

I am also still having problems with my surgery foot. Burning, tingling, swelling and very achey. I just got a new pair of orthotics a few weeks ago. If I didn't have orthotics I would not be walking much at all. I can at least get about to doing daily things and some shopping.
I wear SAS Sandals in the house at all times.
Thanks again. I will keep you posted on how my case turns out.
God Bless
Barbara S.

Sharon W on 5/23/03 at 07:14 (119730)

Yes, please do keep me (and all of us) posted on how the lawsuit turns out -- and how your foot is doing, whether the new orthotics seem to be helping, etc.

I wish you all the best, Barbara -- you deserve compensation.

angelas on 5/23/03 at 23:13 (119790)

Thanks for the heads up on this bill.
I just watched a program on Public Broadcasting with the topic being pain, how it manifests in the body, the different types of pain fibers, etc., and how to treat it.
It was called 'Pain is in the Brain'. The speaker said that there is no research being done specifically for pain, only for diseases if I understood correctly. That the drug companies who do a large part of the research don't think there is enough money in it???

Barbara S on 5/24/03 at 08:19 (119802)

Thanks Sharon I will. Have a great weekend!!!
Barbara S.

Sharon W on 5/24/03 at 08:23 (119803)

You, too...

In fact, I'll be gone for a couple of weeks -- hope everything goes well for you!