Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Annaka

Posted by john h on 5/22/03 at 11:08 (119647)

Flash: After the first nine holes Annaka is -1 and the leader are -3. She is really looking good and seems to be having fun. She just teed off on the second nine is right down the middle. This second nine is a lot longer. The crowd is all cheering for her and her playing partners are doing high fives with her. This is good for golf. Hope she hangs in there and makes the cut. Go Annaka.

Re: Annaka

Necee on 5/22/03 at 12:30 (119656)

Wow John, I can sure tell you're a golf enthusiast!
Putt-Putt golf is more my speed.

Happy trails...

Necee

marie on 5/22/03 at 13:11 (119662)

Go Anna! Go Anna! Go Anna! Go Anna! Go Anna! Go Anna! Go Anna! Go Anna!

%%-

Kathy G on 5/24/03 at 08:59 (119805)

Well, she didn't make the cut but she was a class act all the way and had done a great deal for women's golf. With all the pressure on her, I'm amazed she did as well as she did.

An article in the Boston Globe today said she will make a mint on endorsements even if she didn't make the cut. It will be interesting to see if that happens.

john h on 5/24/03 at 10:02 (119808)

A question now to consider is did this help or hurt the LPGA. I have seen smone debates on this and even Kathy Whitworth who help found the LPGA said we will just have to wait and see. Not doubt Anna will make millions and she is the on the cover of Golf Digest this week. The question is still out there 'what purpose did this serve?'. I was pulling for her to make the cut and she had enormous support but now what? Her nerves got the best of her in the end. I do not think it was so much her skill as the enormouus pressure she was under. She said she will not do it again. Today I am not even interested in the tournament now that she is out.

Archie B. on 5/24/03 at 19:18 (119835)

The outcome was obvious from the start. She didn't have the balls it takes to overcome the pressure. Maybe now she and the rest of the rags will stay where they belong and keep their nagging mouths shut.