Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Just a little humor

Posted by Necee on 5/28/03 at 12:52 (120158)

**Looking Old**

Everyone has been guilty of looking at others who are the same age and thinking......surely I cannot look that old.......I'm sure you've done the same...you may enjoy this short story I received via email.

While waiting for my first appointment in the reception room of a new dentist, I noticed his certificate, which bore his full name.

Suddenly, I remembered that a tall, handsome boy with the same name had been in my high school class some 40 yrs ago.

Upon seeing him, however, I quickly discarded any such thought.

This balding, gray-haired man with the deeply lined face was too old to have been my classmate.

After he had examined my teeth, I asked him if he had attended the local high school, yes, he replied. When did you graduate? I asked. He answered 1957. Why, you were in my class! I exclaimed.

He looked at me closely and then asked, What did you teach?

Happy trails....

Necee

Re: Just a little humor

marie on 5/28/03 at 14:15 (120175)

What a riot! And soooooo true.

Kathy G on 5/28/03 at 18:27 (120206)

Ain't it the truth? My dad used to refer to someone as 'an old buck' and then laugh when he realized he was speaking of someone the same age. I look at people my age and say, 'Do I look like that?'

The answer is a resounding, 'YES!':D

Necee on 5/28/03 at 23:35 (120240)

And to think I have my 30th High School Reunion to attend this summer!!!
Oh my!!! What shall I do!!!

Happy trails....

Necee

marie on 5/31/03 at 20:26 (120571)

You'll have a wonderful time. Have fun!

I was in such shock at my 20th high school anniversary that I skipped the last two but I am going to try to make it to the 30th which is just around the corner. I couldn't believe how some of the kids I graduated turned into full fledge adults. There was one guy that was just as hot as when we were in high school. I think every one of my female classmates made an effort to check this guy out. So I figure I have to go to my 30th class reunion just to see how he looks. LOL.

marie