Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Political Compass

Posted by D.Thomas on 5/29/03 at 19:07 (120315)

This is quite interesting:

Re: Political Compass

D.Thomas on 5/29/03 at 19:38 (120317)

Here is my profile:

.38 Economic Scale
-2.00 Social Scale

michelleF on 5/29/03 at 21:17 (120321)

Extremely interesting sight... I particularly liked the references back to books on Amazon.com for the four different quadrants and also enjoyed info on the Extreme Right where it gave a breakdown of parties... I like that political science part that analyzes how the large groups of people bond and break apart in respective parties.

To liberal for my own good.
Economic Left/Right: -6.12
Authoritarian/Libertarian: -6.31

I used to sign off with a wish for Peace, Love, and Happiness in your life...but I'm switching to wishing...

May your heels be healthy.

BGCPED on 5/29/03 at 22:05 (120330)

im going to ake this test tomorrow, thanks Dave

Max K on 5/29/03 at 23:08 (120332)

The test took me about ten minutes. This is definitely one of those tests were you cannot allow yourself to get too analytical, because s lot of the questions are 'loaded' in one way or another (emotionally or idealogically). So you just have to limit yourself to a few seconds of thought per question and keep moving from one question to the next without stopping. At ten minutes, I was probably already way to analytical. They say you can get through in 3-5 minutes.

My score was:

Economic Left/Right: 2.50
Authoritarian/Libertarian: -1.44

The following link should show a graph of my score:

Very interesting site. This material qualifies as item #581 on the list of important things that were not taught at my school.

Bob G. on 5/30/03 at 00:10 (120336)

Economic Left/Right: 0.25
Authoritarian/Libertarian: -1.08

I find myself almost in the middle between Left/Right, and a bit south towards Libertarian.

The questions were loaded and I thought they misspelled marijuana.

marie on 5/30/03 at 10:16 (120368)

My score is: Economic:3.75 and Auth/Lib: 0.72

I'm not sure what it means. But I think anyone's score could vary depending on how you responded to some of the loaded questions. Very interesting.

Ed Davis, DPM on 5/30/03 at 18:30 (120451)

D. Thomas:

Enjoyed the site immensely. My guess is that despite what appears to be some strong disagreements between posters, many of us are not far from the center.

Could not copy the graph but my scores are:
Your political compass
Economic Left/Right: 2.88
Authoritarian/Libertarian: 1.03

Show graph on separate page for printing

Now you know where you are on The Political Compass, you might like to explore the ideas of those with similar (or wildly differing) views in our Reading List.

International Chart

A diverse professional team has assessed the words and actions of globally known figures to give you an idea of how they relate to each other on the political compass.

A few words about 'The Extreme Right'
New !
ICONOCHASMS: How well do you know your political icons ?

Last updated: Thursday 1 May 2003

This website copyright Pace News Limited 2001-2002. All rights reserved. Reproduction in whole or in part in any medium without prior written permission strictly prohibited.

Ed Davis, DPM on 5/30/03 at 18:32 (120452)

Gee, you are a conservative after all.

marie on 5/31/03 at 20:04 (120566)

Never said I was a liberal. I am a very conservative Democrat, who still votes for only one Republican....that being Dick Lugar. He is the only Republican that Bush won't challenge. He is to well respected. Lugar doesn't feel that Bush and his commrades have been honest with the American public about just how much the war and reshaping Iraq is going to cost the U.S. in actual dollars. I respect Lugar more than any Democrat as well. Don't want to get to political here and tweak anyones nose. So I will leave it at that. Have a nice weekend.