Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Rolling leg scooter

Posted by Pauline on 5/30/03 at 15:11 (120420)

Did anyone see the new rolling leg scooter? He got the idea when he broke his lower leg. It looks like a large scooter with a bench to rest you lower leg. Then you just scoot along like a scooter.

For a long term cast stay it sure beats crutches and you can travel pretty fast. I have know idea about the cost, but it would be great if they could be rented instead of purchased.

Re: Rolling leg scooter

Ed Davis, DPM on 5/30/03 at 20:51 (120465)

Pauline:

There are a couple of versions of this available. I have not prescribed it as I have visions of the scooter flying out from under the patient landing the patient on their back. I have been told that that does not happen.

Ed

Re: Rolling leg scooter

BGCPed on 5/31/03 at 09:17 (120498)

The inventor of one brings them to meetings. He cruises around on one. I think it has a hand brake like a bicycle. Seems like a good idea for ppl that cant handle crutches. I think in tight areas like kitchens it would be a pain. Better for larger areas like malls and parking lots