Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

Sonocur's working

Posted by Elizabeth C. on 5/30/03 at 18:54 (120454)

Some time ago I had posted my situation and as all of you out there in pain, I reached the end of my rope! I didn't care how much ESWT costs; I will pay for the rest of my life so I can walk to the bathroom in the middle of the night without being crippled, coach soccer again, take spinning classes again, run after my four children again...have a life again! I have had my second treatment and I feel better every day. My third is next week and I can't wait. No more crutches and walking cast/brace...in just one week! The treatment is painful, but well worth it. Hey, I have had four kids (one set of twins), so pain is my freind. Just kidding...seriously if you have been diagnosed with plantar faciatis, talk to your doctor(Podiatrist). I have been through all the conventional cures and they may have worked temporarly, but pain was never gone, just had a 'band-aid' on it. I say go for ESWT! It sure beats surgery and a long,long recovery.

One happy woman...

Re: Sonocur's working

Ed Davis, DPM on 5/30/03 at 20:26 (120460)

Glad to hear about your success. Where did you have your Sonocur treatments?

Elizabeth C. on 5/31/03 at 14:23 (120531)

I received my treatments at M&M Orthopedics in Oakbrook, Illinois. I live in Naperville, so it's about a 45 minute drive one-way. The address is:
M&M Orthopedics Ltd.
1 S 224 Summit, Suite 223
Oak Brook Terrace, IL 60181
Phone: (630) 620-4141
Fax: (630) 620-4174
Web Site: http://www.mmortho.com

I hope this helps you.

Re: To Elizabeth - Re: Sonocur's working

Jen L on 6/01/03 at 13:22 (120624)

Hi Elizabeth,
I checked on the website, and did not see an email address for asking them questions. Perhaps you can help if you know: how many plantar fasciitis patients have been treated with Sonocur in their clinic? Do they have an approximately success rate?
Thank you very much for posting the information.
Wish you have a full recovery!

Peter R on 6/01/03 at 19:29 (120662)

Go to : http://www.unitedshockwavetherapies.com They have one of the largest network of ESWT sites in the country and use the very latest FDA approved equipment.

Peter R on 6/01/03 at 19:33 (120664)

Sorry gave you the wrong url

Ed Davis, DPM on 6/02/03 at 14:07 (120730)

Sonocur machines were approved by the FDA in July 2002 and were placed in US sites starting in about October/November 2002. As such US sites probably have not generated sufficient numbers to compare success rates.
Sonorex, the company responsible for placement, has worked hard to ensure that the equipment is used with the same standards that has proven to be highly successful in Canada.

United Shockwave Therapies has, to the best of my knowledged, placed primarily the Dornier units. They hire and train technicians who operate the equipment in conjunction with the providers and also maintain a high level of consistency in technique.

Elizabeth C. on 6/02/03 at 21:14 (120768)

Hi Jen,
I can find out how many patients have received Sonocur treatments at this site. Also, Dr. Vinci, my podiatrist, stated that there is an 80% cure rate with a minimum of three treatments. Some may require more treatments with a maximum of five. This is what I understood, it can be overwelming, the technical jargon...I mean. I learned a lot from the ESWT site about statistics of sucess rates. My doctor also told me that there is a 65% cure rate with surgery, but has a long recovery. I can't afford a long recovery with four children, so I went with the SONOCUR. I hope this helps you a little. I am receiving my third treatment on Friday this week and I will ask the tech your question about the number of patients that have received treatment. I will tell you that the tech administering the treatment has herself received three treatments and is a huge advocate of SONOCUR.

Elizabeth C. on 6/02/03 at 21:20 (120769)

Hi Peter,
I think I have been at that web site. I learned a great deal from it. When I went to my podiatrist after tearing(rupture) my right facia, I came prepared with info and questions and he was impressed that I had done my homework, but I am still learning. Thanks for the info.

Re: Insurance ??

BrianG on 6/03/03 at 08:02 (120781)

Hi Elizabeth,

Just wondering if your insurance is helping you with the payments? Good luck with the healing, get as much rest as the the kids will allow.

Buck T. on 9/09/03 at 12:27 (129282)

Elizabeth: Am waiting to maybe get Sonocur in San Antonio. What was the cost for your treatments? Did insurance help?