Home The Book Dr Articles Products Message Boards Journal Articles Search Our Surveys Surgery ESWT Dr Messages Find Good Drs video

On deleting threads

Posted by wendyn on 5/30/03 at 23:39 (120484)

No - I did not delete anything.

I did send Scott an email yesterday about the missing thread. He has not responded.

Recall that when there were issues on the social board - he just shut the board down for a while. I would guess that he's behaving rather like a fed up parent with bad kids (ignoring bad behaviour, mine included) and dishing out consequences when he's had enough!!

Re: On deleting threads

Kathy G on 5/31/03 at 09:40 (120505)

It's interesting. He didn't delete any threads when these boards got bad; he just shut us down. I prefer his deletion tactics and I'm not surprised he resorted to that. It's funny; I never go to that board but I had a specific question. I was pretty shocked! I think people just get carried away! And since this is his website, he has a perfect right to remove anything he considers inappopriate or unethical. Hope everything calms down now!

Re: Wendy - how are you feeling?

Kathy G on 5/31/03 at 09:41 (120506)

Has the sinus infection or whatever it was calmed down? And how was graduation?

wendyn on 5/31/03 at 10:56 (120513)

I can only remember Scott deleting a thread one other time. I think he only does it in cases where he could end up involved in a battle where his board could be drawn in to something bigger. It was different with the war arguments - general mudslinging but nothing that involved the board directly.

Anyway - it's his board (and I'm personally glad that I don't have to deal with everything that he has to!)

Re: Kathy

wendyn on 5/31/03 at 10:58 (120514)

Thanks for asking Kathy!! I'm much better than I was...guess it was just a really bad cold.

The grad banquet is tomorrow night...so I'll let you know!

BrianG on 5/31/03 at 14:55 (120536)

Hi Wendy,

I'm happy that someone finally notified Scott. Yes, it's his board, and he can do whatever he wants. Since no one has heard from him, is every one just going to assume that it was he, who deleted the thread? He could be on vacation, and not have a clue as to whats going on. I think everyone will fell better when they hear from Scott, I know that I will.

BrianG

wendyn on 5/31/03 at 15:29 (120541)

Brian - I would guess that Scott took the thread off. You're right though - it's unusual for him to not say anything (although he never said anything about shutting down the social board either).

I sent him a note, and I'm also sure that he has logs of what happens to the bulletin board (i.e. hackers).

Re: Happy Graduation to Eric, Wendy!

Suzanne D on 5/31/03 at 16:46 (120550)

I'm glad you're feeling better now, and I hope your family enjoys your son's graduation banquet. It's been my experience through my daughter's milestones that when the actual event arrives, I feel better about it than I did while anticipating it beforehand. I guess I worked through a lot of the bittersweet emotions before the event, and then I could enjoy it with them. My husband, on the other hand, tends to push it out of his mind before it happens, and then has a harder time afterwards than I do.

Best wishes,
Suzanne :)

Suzanne :)

john h on 5/31/03 at 20:04 (120567)

Scott operates in mysterious ways. It is the time of year he might be in Destin. I heard from him about 3 weeks ago. Said he was busy. I would imagine the missing thread would be way down on his priority list. It sure is not on top of mine. My cat and yard have my attention at the moment.

marie on 5/31/03 at 20:09 (120568)

Wow I must be out of it. What thread is missing?

marie

wendyn on 5/31/03 at 22:02 (120578)

Me too John. Finally bought my annual plants today - later for me than usual. Our first frost free (hopefully) day isn't till June 1 anyway...so I can't get them in the ground any earlier.

Biked just over 20 km on my new bike yesterday...and the lumps in my shin are coming back. Guess I've proved (to myself) how I'm getting them. Not that the doctors listen...but I'll keep trying!

Kathy G on 6/01/03 at 10:10 (120604)

I'm glad that you got to ride your bike but sorry you have those stupid lumps back. Doesn't it drive you crazy when doctors just write off what you say? Like it's not your body or something?

I put my annuals in on the 20th even though we're not supposed to plant until the 31st. I don't understand why people buy their plants so early but if you don't get them early, there's nothing left. It used to be that everyone waited until the 31st but not any more. And of course, it has rained and been cool since I planted them. They don't grow; they just kind of stagnate.

I plant Wave Petunias around my mailbox and in my whiskey barrel. Are you familiar with them. They're great. You don't have to deadhead them or weed around them. They spread out and form a thick weave that the weeds can't get through. They are expensive but well worth it if you're looking for a big splash with little work.

Hope graduation was fun!

Kathy G on 6/01/03 at 10:13 (120605)

It was on the ESWT board which I've never posted to before. No, my post had nothing to do with the thread in question. I kind of tuned out on what they were discussing. Something about Dr. Z revealing confidential information or something. I didn't think he had and I thought it was just much ado about nothing. I tend to just stop reading these incendiary threads.

BrianG on 6/01/03 at 10:44 (120610)

Hey John,

Am I the only one that thinks someone may have hacked into Scott's system? Every time that you mention Scott's name, your sayng something like what you just said: ' I would imagine that the missing thread would be way down on his priority list'.

This is what I'm concerned about, that Scott may still not know the thread is missing. It appears that your thinking it's just gone, and Scott isn't going to worry about it ??? Since he apparently hasn't communicated with any of the monitors, why would you even think that he wouldn't be worried about it???? I know if it was my board, I certainly would want to know whats going on !!!!!!

On a lighter note, the smallies are just starting to bed. This is going to be a fun couple of weeks, on the few times I'll be able to get out. I kind of wished I waited to sell my boat, to after the spawn. But, then my heels would really be killing me, so I guess I did the right thing.

Gone fishin'
BrianG

Pauline on 6/01/03 at 12:54 (120619)

On the same note what happened to Elliott. Is he still allowed to post?

Carole C in NOLA on 6/01/03 at 13:42 (120625)

Marie, I think I read the missing thread, by doing a search on 'Elliott' and reading back a ways.

Carole C

john h on 6/01/03 at 15:17 (120637)

Brain: If I thought someone was hacking in I would surely try and make Scott aware of it but why would a hacker eliminate that thread?.Most everyone read it so there is no deep dark secret about it. Portions of it must still exist because when I did a search I found a post by Elliott.I imagine Scott must look at this board at least once a week and probably has a bell go off when his name appears in a post. I am still more worried about crabgrass than the missing thread.

john h on 6/01/03 at 15:19 (120638)

Kathy I am with you on this.

Re: I memorized the missing threads

Dr. Z on 6/01/03 at 16:24 (120644)

Ok

I memorized the missing threads and just happened to be there also. What do you all what to know about these missing thread. I am under oath if you want me to be

Carole C in NOLA on 6/01/03 at 17:16 (120650)

Don't worry, Dr. Z, we are still fond of you! :) I sure appreciate the time you spend on the board.

Carole C

Dr. Z on 6/01/03 at 17:20 (120652)

IF I could only spell you may be even proud of me.

Carole C in NOLA on 6/01/03 at 17:22 (120653)

But if you could spell, then we wouldn't be able to tease anybody about their spelling! Well, except for John, and he doesn't make many mistakes any more.

I guess we could tease you about thinking faster than you type, so that words get left out. :)

Carole C

Dr. Z on 6/01/03 at 17:27 (120654)

That exactly what happens. When if comes to feet I just get plain excited!! I did try to add the spellcatch program that John has inserted into his computer. I couldn't make it work on mine. John has a MAC. I have windows.

marie on 6/01/03 at 21:06 (120680)

Gotcha!

marie

JudyS on 6/02/03 at 17:47 (120752)

I'm dyin' to know the whole thing Dr. Z! Tell all! :)

Re: Dr. Z and John are not alone!

marie on 6/02/03 at 20:16 (120764)

Don't feel bad Dr. Z. I am an awful speller. One time I was giving a student an after school detention and I had to stop to look a word up in the dictionary. I wouldn't want something to go home to a parent with a msp word. The student of course heckled me for it. My response was 'at least I know how to use a dictionary.'

marie

Dr. Z on 6/02/03 at 22:44 (120773)

Ok. I have the thread. Want to see them. I copied them. But in a nut shell. I was being trashed and trashed and trashed. So I just trashed right back. Someone then took their ball and bat went home and won't play any more. I will tell one real important part. At no time did I break a patient confidentially period. I guess I have to save the smoking gun just in case some one take me to heelspur court.

JudyS on 6/03/03 at 11:37 (120792)

Ah Dr. Z - you fell in to the E trap. You must have let your guard down for a split second. Now repeat after me ' don't respond, don't respond, don't respond....'...:-$

Dr. Z on 6/03/03 at 16:01 (120819)

Ok . I will shut my big trap . I will shut my big trap.I would stop putting my heelspur in my big trap.